Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,583   Posts: 1,545,778   Online: 1030

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    150 gms of citric acid plus 120 gms of sodium carbonate in 1 liter of water makes a 20% sodium citrate solution.

Dissolve the the citric acid first in a large container (I use 130-140 degree water) than slowly add the sodium carbonate. It will produce a lot of CO2.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ah! perfect!
    one item less on the shopping list! (after i've used up the pound i still have)
    thanks.

edit: is the carbonate monohyd. or anhydrous?

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Anhydrous.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by phritz phantom View Post
    edit: is the carbonate monohyd. or anhydrous?
    It will not mater for this purpose if you use anhydrous or not.
    Kirk

For up from the ashes, up from the ashes, grow the roses of success!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Ah yes, home made sodium citrate!

Just a thought... you may be unsatisfied with the results of the off the shelf store bought sodium citrate. Be prepared to do some fiddling to match what you got with your home brew.

I made my own sodium acetate kallitype developer by reacting 5% distilled vinegar with baking soda. Then decided I could better spend my time taking photographs and bought sodium acetate from a supplier. Big difference in image tone. Might brew a gallon of my own again soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin