Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,902   Posts: 1,584,555   Online: 1033

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Paper Chase

I had such good dmax with the strathmore watercolor 400 (after an oxalic acid presoak), but on the printed test tablets you could see the texture of the paper too much, as Annie pointed out. Seems the backside is better - not as much texture. I thought I'd try to soak the paper (to soften it) and roll on it with pvc pipe (or rolling pin), to hopefully flatten more. Should I soak it for hours and does anyone think this may work?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I discovered recently that concentrated household bleach will take the emulsion right off paper. The process looks quite spectacular on color paper - the bleach dislodges little dots of color that swirl off like a sandstorm. I don't know if this affects the longevity of the paper, but it may be worth a shot.

I soaked the paper for 24 hours and pressed with a plastic coated rolling pin. Then I soaked in oxalic acid. This did flatten the paper some. Next I am going to try 150 degree water for a couple of minutes. If that helps I can do a soak and oxalic acid soak in one trip to the darkroom.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin