Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,372   Online: 1102

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Going thru my papers and realized I still have some from a B&S sample pack. Includes a sheet of Kozo light & heavy. Read somewhere that Kozo soaks up the sensitizer, and extra water should be added to the pt/pd solution. Any experience here? Also it has a rough & a smooth side - presume should print on the smooth?
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Davec101 View Post
    Does anyone have any scans of prints using the B&S kozo paper for platinum/palladium printing? Im interested in seeing how a print looks on this paper, thanks
    Dave I've done a little printng on it and scanning them in is a bit of a futile effort.
    The quality gets completely lost and it doesn't really look unique in the least in a scan. The paper itself has a very strong characteristic.

The prints on it can be astounding though. I have a very large print of Clay Harmon's and it is a perfect image. The paper, the process, the subject all work wonderfully in concert and create a sum far greater than the individual components.

... as all photography processes, papers, tools etc should do when utilized by each of us.

I highly recommend you try to seek out someone close by that can show you some examples in the flesh.
    Nigel Tufnel: It's like, how much more black could this be? and the answer is none.
    None more black.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Davec101 View Post
    Does anyone have any scans of prints using the B&S kozo paper for platinum/palladium printing? Im interested in seeing how a print looks on this paper, thanks
    Here is a link to some Van Dyke Brown prints on Kozo. I don't know if it is like the paper B&S sells. The scans are large enough to get a good idea of how the paper and image work together.

http://www.frangst.com/Home/index/forces-of-nature

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You might want to contact this chap http://www.flickr.com/photos/igorsv/3838991687/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The thin stuff I have does not have the lines running through it. It sounds like the Gampi I have used in the past in that respect. With Gampi, the lines will not show after it dries as long as you don't try to light it from the back or something. I can't really say about this Kozo, because apparently I have a different version. But I did get it from Bostick and Sullivan.
    I just want to feel nostalgic like I used to.

http://www.clayharmon.net - turnip extraordinaire

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin