Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,058   Online: 972

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Containers for storing dichromate sensitizers

Firstly, I've been posting most of my carbon printing related questions over on the Bostick & Sullivan forum. However, I realise that not everyone involved in carbon printing uses both forums. To that end, can dichromate sensitizer solutions be stored in plastic bottles or is clear or amber glass the better option?

Tom

Shooter
    Large Format
    T-
    I store my dichromate/alcohol solution in brown plastic bottles. The solutions keep fine.

NWG

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    Firstly, I've been posting most of my carbon printing related questions over on the Bostick & Sullivan forum. However, I realise that not everyone involved in carbon printing uses both forums. To that end, can dichromate sensitizer solutions be stored in plastic bottles or is clear or amber glass the better option?

Tom
    I've always used glass bottles for dichromate storage. This allows me to view the contents of the bottle. I maintain saturated solutions by making sure there is always undisolved crystals on the bottom of the container. This may not be the optimal MO for carbon printing - my solutions are mixed for gum printing. For carbon printing I would mix small precise dilutions and keep those in glass storage bottles.

Don Bryant
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    Medium Format
    i've been using a plastic bottle for quite a while now. no ill effects noticed.
    but it was a bottle bought at a chemistry supply store. one with a thin straw on the cap, that makes pouring small amounts easy.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin