Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,951   Posts: 1,557,923   Online: 982

Shooter
    Medium Format

daguerreotype, tintype, collodion, wet plate workshop

I am looking for a workshop to attend near Florida. I would like to learn old photographic techniques. I am schooled in traditional photography. Does anyone know of any workshops on these techniques in the near future?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    TGresh,

If you are willing to come up to Asheville, NC I can teach you the process. You can see some of my work here in the galleries under Zebra. Along the east coast there are several others that give workshops although I don't know their current schedule. Mark Osterman and France Sculley Osterman up in Rochester, NY. Eric Taubmen in NYC runs a center there where they teach multiple alternative process's with an emphasis on wet plate collodion. If you look you can find what you are looking for I'm sure.

Like I said you can contact me if interested but there are plenty of people that can get you there.

Good luck

Monty

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi,

If you can come to Philadelphia, we are offering Daguerreotype workshop by Takashi Arai on November 6, 7, & 8 and a wetplate collodion workshop by France Scully Osterman on the following weekend.

Also, Philadelphia is hosting Daguerreian Society Symposium this year on the same weekend as wetplate workshop in fact. Along with this event, there are other photography exhibitions going on in the city.

If you stay a weekend to a weekend in November, you get both workshops, see Takashi's contemporary dag at our gallery, and 150 years old dag at Symposium. There is no other opportunities like this.

Let us know if you have questions.

Warmly,
    Tsuyoshi
    ----- P R O J E C T B A S H O -----
    Re-introducing Photography to Philadelphia
    Summer '11 Photography Workshops

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin