Switch to English Language Passer en langue franįaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,527   Posts: 1,572,386   Online: 1136

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Check Wolfgang's site and see the different combos! But beware, Wolfgang is really a magician!
    Philippe Grunchec

"The fundamental problem any artist faces in regard to craft is that it must be largely ignored" Richard Benson.

http://philippe.grunchec-photographe.over-blog.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Please note, Fomatone is VERY warm with distinct orange and close to red tones straight out from dveloper.

BUT, donīt hesitate! It is a fantastic paper with great characteristics. The magic starts in the Selenium toner so donīt be disappointed upon a very warm image fom your Moersch SE5 Lith developer.
    Mix Kodak Rapid Selenium Toner 1:9-1:14 somewhere and let it stay in there for 15 minutes. Yes, fifteen minutes...or even longer! You will discover a journey with drastic color shift and lith grain changes. Try a "bad" print first and learn what happens. Then put your favourite print in and snatch upon the pre-decided time. I can almost promise there will be a good print out from the poor one as well. Selenium is really the shit.

Second. I wonīt say "forget the Golden rules" but Iīd suggest to try else. The rules are indications but there are SOOO many interpretations you can achieve when llith printing. I.e overexpose a lot for a low contrast print and snatch the picture early and you will get a totally different picture than if following the Golden rule.
    Try the opposite for a very heavy picture and then try the Selenium toner which will transform such a picture into something else.

Third. Weak/slow bleaching will cool down.

Last. Warm developer will open opportunities and flexibilities. Warm=quick development=possibility to high dilution=warmer tones etc etc.

Good luck!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by laparn View Post
    try else. The rules are indications but there are SOOO many interpretations you can achieve when llith printing. I.e overexpose a lot for a low contrast print and snatch the picture early and you will get a totally different picture than if following the Golden rule.
    Try the opposite for a very heavy picture and then try the Selenium toner which will transform such a picture into something else.

Third. Weak/slow bleaching will cool down.
    But here the golden rule still applies!
    longer exposure = darker highlights, and
    earlier snatch point = lighter shadows. therefore a combination of the two gives lower contrast. Dont forget the rules, just play around with them.

I'm using Foma Nature 532 at the moment. It cools down beautifully in gold toner, and has a slightly whiter base then 132. I prefer the surface sheen and smoothness of 132 though.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AFlood View Post
    But here the golden rule still applies!
    longer exposure = darker highlights, and
    earlier snatch point = lighter shadows. therefore a combination of the two gives lower contrast. Dont forget the rules, just play around with them.

I'm using Foma Nature 532 at the moment. It cools down beautifully in gold toner, and has a slightly whiter base then 132. I prefer the surface sheen and smoothness of 132 though.

Couldnīt say it better myself. Just what I mean. Stretch the rules and you will find a lot more interpretations than if applying the rules by its definition.

I havenīt tried Gold toner yet. Expensive stuff...but I am convienced it will give similar results as Selenium. In a different way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin