Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,829   Online: 1173

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Dan, Paul
    Sorry you won't be there - I have a series of 8x10 images of a very dark roundhouse with steam engines -- all on different papers so you can compare (the detail in the blacks is the important part for this discussion...I keep seveal PDN created negatives for comparision printing when I try a new paper). Also the 4x5 sized step tablets images. I would have brought them for you to take a look at.

I'm in the Portland area -- up in the hills nearby. Forested environment. Only gets real dry late in the summer, otherwise its nice and humid. A great place for alt image printing.

Don
    Last edited by Don12x20; 11-02-2009 at 01:05 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PVia View Post
    Don - No I won't be there, unfortunately. I just saw Per, as I live in the same town and he is always an inspiration to be around.

Dan - It's always tough to print when the RH is that low. I had the same conditions in Pasadena a few weeks ago and was printing a small series. There was a bit of grain in my shadow tones that I had not experienced before. I ended up reprinting two of the prints when conditions were better. They weren't terrible or anything, just not exactly what I usually look for.

Paul
    Paul
    Run one of the cold humifiers in your darkroom for a period before printing.
    And get a humidity meter - I got a simple dial verstion from Light Impressions long ago; not sure if they still have them but you can find them locally as well.
    Don

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I plan on getting an ultrasonic unit soon...it'll be handy for the house as well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Paul, definitely try the glycerin method too, it can prove to be a nice diversity. (Especially for palladium; possibilities include better speed, higher dmax and/or colder print colors, plus more open shadows due slightly stronger printout. It will decrease emulsion speed with platinum btw...)

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    15 minute exposure !?

hmmmm, I'm getting nice blacks in around a minute in NA2, A/B and Zia - might be a bit off topic as I'm not using Aquarelle (COT320, Platine, Kid Finish) - but 15 mins ... thats a lot tea drinking
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I didn't try this paper at the workshop I just attended, but one of the others did. He had the same clearing problems as you had mentioned. They tried a stronger concentration of clearing bath which helped this particular paper.
    Diane

Halak 41

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin