Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,733   Posts: 1,515,349   Online: 973

Shooter
    Multi Format

Framing Tintypes?

For those of you who print tintypes, how do you frame it? Just in a simple mat and wooden frame? Do you build cases for them?

If you have any recommendations for frames, I would appreciate it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've seen them mounted into thicker frames similar to a shadow box type of thing.. seems to look great like that.

I also mounted some artwork from my brother-in-law in a similar style like that as well. I made a frame 3/4" wide and 1.5" deep. The frame was 9x9" and had a museum board backer that had the acrylic artwork mounted to it with PVA glue.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I frame mine (not very often, though) using brass or copper wire in the corners of the plate to attach it to the backing board. Then I have the framer mount the backing board in a deep frame with a spacer, so that the plate is about 2 cm from the glass. It's real nice!
    Be careful his bow tie is really a camera
    timeUnit

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    i use old wooden film holders fro my frame.
    photoshop is somewhere you go to buy photo equipment.

lens photos here

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin