Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,610   Online: 949

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213141516171822 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Rogers View Post
    OK...

Here is that work:
    Thanks for your help and patience Ray. I should get to the next paper sometime during this week.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel1972 View Post
    Thanks for your help and patience Ray.
    I should get to the next paper sometime during this week.

I am the one that should be thanking you!
    Nevertheless, You're welcome!

Thanks for sticking with it....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks to both of you for your efforts. Enjoyed reading the article.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    On the topic of translations, I found this paper by Cajal, a Spanish researcher in the field of Lippmann's. The cool thing is that this text is copy & paste-able, so it could be quite easily translated automatically, and it's in Spanish which would probably be one of the easier languages to translate(?).

http://www.ucm.es/BUCM/med/doc12615.pdf

Thanks to Ray and Lionel for their translation. We're boldly going where no other man has gone before, at least, if you only speak English!

Also, does anyone edit wikipedia? I think that we could probably do a lot to the current page on Lippmann Plates, adding links that we've found and just generally making it a more comprehensive paper. Just a thought. My brother does a lot of wikipedia stuff, so I might have him show me the ropes, I believe it's pretty easy.

Now if only some more of us could follow R Shaffer's example and actually put rubber to the road!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    On the topic of translations, I found this paper by Cajal, a Spanish researcher in the field of Lippmann's.
    I recognize his name.
    I wonder if that paper has already been translated?
    I think we do have a 9 page abstract of this in English in the group of papers compiled by HOLOGRAM, if I recall correctly... plus a German translation of the full artcle as well!

BUT in any case, NICE FIND!

Ray

PS... there are tire tracks and skid marks all over the place here...

Last edited by Ray Rogers; 06-30-2010 at 01:03 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Maybe it was already referenced, but I found this PDF with summaries of the historic British Journal of Photography:

http://www.arp-geh.org/FileUpload_demo/BJPAsummary1.pdf

It mentiones Lippmann plates and photography several times too. Please note that these are just summaries, you will have to look up the actual journals to see the full articles. But maybe useful as a reference...

Marco
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco B View Post
    Please note that these are just summaries, you will have to look up the actual journals to see the full articles. But maybe useful as a reference...

Marco
    Thanks Marco!

Now all we need is someone to type up the full articles....

Ray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Rogers View Post
    Thanks Marco!

Now all we need is someone to type up the full articles....

Ray
    I don't think Rachel will be willing to waste another whole summer on that exercise

What I don't understand is that, if scanning or photocopying is an issue, they don't simply photograph the stuff (well, might be an idea for someone visiting the library and wanting to share some article).
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco B;102 2309
    I don't think Rachel will be willing to waste another whole summer on that exercise

What I don't understand is that, if scanning or photocopying is an issue, they don't simply photograph the stuff (well, might be an idea for someone visiting the library and wanting to share some article).
    Well, In some cases that might be a possible option.

The main problem of doing any major work like Rachel did is funding/support.
    At 80-110 dollars per day just to sleep indoors in safety one needs lots of money....

I don't know how much a "summer" is (1 month or 2) but...

166 pages...
    1 month...166 pages / 31 days... = 5.4 pgs per day

A Hotel (w/no food!) $100 / day for 5.4 pages....

So for someone not living in the area, more than $3000 for this pdf....
    (not including the lost summer!)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This article is completely unrelated to Lippmann photography, but it's about anamorphic lenses, and he talks about prisms and where to get cheap ones. Scroll down a ways to find it.

http://www.zuggsoft.com/theater/prism.htm

But it's pretty brilliant... TROPHY SHOPS. There are all sorts of lame prism/wedge awards and you can just easily buy a blank one. These should/could work great for Lippmann viewing.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin