Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,965   Posts: 1,558,397   Online: 811

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 131718192021222324 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by SemFyzik View Post
    exposure was 4 min in Lab where i try make diffused light (next time ill do it outside) but dont think thats the main problem.
    Still using PFG-03C but this looks fine because i was trying hologram and it was ok( Think that they are out of date).
    What wavelength(s) did you expose at? Holographic may not necessarily equal Lippmann exposures.
    Moreover, in the context of color holography, PFG-03c used to be somewhat notorious for its inconsistency (in respect to grain size, sensitivity to certain wavelengths etc.).

One more question for PFG-03C is needed pre-development hardening by formaldehyd how many % it should be and how long should i bath it? After this i should start processing recommended from Slavich thats mean hardening again?
    No. According to Bjelkhagen (SPIE 3358) a hardening step based on formaldehyde is to be used prior to develpment.
    It's made of:
    Distilled water.................................750ml
    Formaldehyde, 37%.........................10ml
    Potassium bromide.............................2g
    Sodium carbonate...............................5g
    Add distilled water to make .................1l

Processing time is 6 minutes.

I guess, if you're doing alcohol drying, you may skip the glycerol bath. To a large extent the glycerol will be removed by the alcohol bath anyway.
    Perhaps you ought to try natural drying as well – since holographic AgX emulsions sometimes produce different results with different drying methods...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    For hologram i used green laser and exposure was 30 sec. For Lippmann photography i used light in room and two lamp with white paper glued to lamp with exposure 4 min. Maybe this lights aren´t so powerfull as day light and I need longer exposure. Hope I understand your question right.

I´ll try natural drying too if u mean without glycerol and alcohol bath. But still suprised that there is really nothing even hint of something. Thanks for idea I try it and let you know.
    Last edited by SemFyzik; 04-23-2013 at 08:04 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I tried it while ago and the results were a crapshoot, but I got close . the Darran Green method was the one I used, except I used the equivalent amount lithium bromide instead( it supposedly made a finer grain). Good luck

SemFyzik-- i tried to e-Mail an reply but it wouldn't go though- I have the original papers if you want me to PM them cause they are too big to send here, let me know
    rob

Shooter
    Medium Format
    For hologram i used green laser and exposure was 30 sec. For Lippmann photography i used light in room and two lamp with white paper glued to lamp with exposure 4 min. Maybe this lights aren´t so powerfull as day light and I need longer exposure. Hope I understand your question right.

I´ll try natural drying too if u mean without glycerol and alcohol bath. But still suprised that there is really nothing even hint of something. Thanks for idea I try it and let you know.
    For Lippmann plates you will need 4-5 min bright sunlight @ f4.5 to get something,and you will need to adjust that according to how the plates develop out
    rob

Shooter
    Medium Format
    SymFykic

Figured out how to send files here they are. the true colors pdf was never published to my knowledge,and has the Darran Green method of making these plates and the subbing is important as your emulsion will wash off without it. and finally something on the dehydration technique. I still can't the article loaded, I'll have to ask my daughter tomorrow. The method of making plates is here The dyes other names are Quinoline red and blue. Pinacyanol chloride's common name is Quinoline Red and can be found online.

Rob
    Attached Files

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hi,

Here´s my result from my last try. I was using Lumière developer. Exposure was 30min at cloudy sky. Check temprature 18°C and 15°C how´s written in PDF from Hans I. Bjelkhagen. Proccesing was

1. pre-hardenning with Formaldehyd (6min)
    2. development (3min)
    3. washing (2min)

Results are promissing even colours are there but u have to watch it very carefully. heh have little problem how to photo my result so many light reflections there :/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vysledek orez.jpg   vysledek orez.jpg  
    Last edited by SemFyzik; 05-04-2013 at 08:32 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hello

Thanks to this thread I was able to make my first Lippmann plates.

Here is the result:

Kind regards
    Filipe Alves
    Silverbox

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Congratulations! Those plates look amazing. As far as I know yours are the first successful Lippmann plates in many years.
    Would you please publish a detailed set of instructions for those who want to try to make their own?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Thanks!

It is very surprising if I am the only one doing this right now...
    if that is true, I beleive that it will change soon, as I got an amazing response, and there are many people dreaming about this process.

I cannot publish any information because simply used the scattered information in this thread, so I have nothing to add to the common knowledge.
    If you follow the instructions on Bjelkhagen's pdf, you'll see that it works like a charm.

Here is a new, and better filmed video of the plates:

Kind regards
    Filipe

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Pretty nice results.

It's nice you came to share about your method.

I've carried on preliminary tests with little success.
    I used slavich PFG 3m plates, developped in GP-2 at a strength advised by Bjelkhagen (15 mL of stock GP2 qsp 400 mL water for 15 min ) : the image is extremely light even exposing up to 8 min at f/4 at 11AM on bright sunlight.

You used lumière developper (pyrogallol + bromide) or GP2 ?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin