Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,531   Posts: 1,572,568   Online: 1215

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Actually both Ilord & Kentmere published data sheets & formulae for the Etch Bleach process in the 70's, 80's etc until quite recently in the case of Kentmere. It's a wash off relief process usually used in the graphics field. With an RC paper the remaining relief is dyed, sometimes selectively using dyes. Most definitely not an archaic process, but not need in these days of large format digital printer. I'd be surprised if Kodak didn't publish a data sheet on the process, but probably in the Graphic Arts field.

Etch Bleach also has some more creative uses, as if the bleach is used after development without fixing the remaining image can be re-exposed and re-developed.

The process will work to make silk screens by enlargement.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    This thread has started me thinking about getting some screen emulsion coated onto paper to experiment with! I think that if I tape the paper to the underside of a screen, I can get it evenly coated by machine.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin