Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,934   Online: 877

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Kirlian Photography help

Has anyone here done Kirlian photography? and is it possible to do this on a large scale i.e an entire person? or is it only possible / safe to do it on small sizes? does anyone know of makers of large scale Kirlian machines?
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Stephen,

I don't know of any large scale systems, but check this page out for some ideas:

http://www.imagesco.com/kirlian/index.html

Ash

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    sadly they only make a 4x5" machine maybe i could contact them and ask about something larger.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey Steve, would you believe there used to be a place that did this on Oxford St, Darlinghurst in the '90s. I used to walk past all the time & see the sample images in the window.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Goldie, long time no see how are you? what size where they doing to?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't remember the size, think it was around 4x5 or 8x10. I always intended to go in one day & have one done but never got around to it.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I've only done finger tips on 4x5 film. My set up wasn't *that* great, though. I'm fairly sure I wasn't suppose to get a very tiny shock on my fingers but they may not have been attached fully so it was arcing or something. Probably the safest thing would be to do low power with repeated bursts, which is how i did my few kirlian fingertips (and coins). Tiny piezo gas lighter being the power source and it took a few squeezes for exposure on B&W ortho litho film (slower film than colour paper or film though).
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin