Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,545   Posts: 1,544,485   Online: 1072

Images

DIY collodion material question

I am going to start bilding my stuff so I start on the road to collodian bliss. The max I will be shooting (until I win the lottery or sell the business) is 5x7 with my 8x10.

I need the internal measurements for a sensitizing tank. Gathering from what I have found on the net for larger tanks I need 1/2 inch on either side and two inches above the plate. Will this account for liquid displacement(SP)? The local glass shop only has 1/4 inch red plexiglass and IMO that is way too thick. So, I will have to order thinner, but in order to draw the plans I need some measurements.

Anyone willing to help out?

P.S. Anybody intrested in a boat shop?
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I've made a couple to these dimensions:

This one is actually for 11x14s.
    Last edited by smieglitz; 12-23-2009 at 10:02 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    smieglitz, thanks for posting as I'm also interested in this. Where do you order the red plexi from? Also, you wouldnt happen to want to share 8x10 sized measurements would you? :-)

thanks

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I get the red acrylic sheet from Total Plastics, Inc., which happens to be based in Kalamazoo. I'm sure there are a multitude of sources for the stuff. I buy it in large sheets cut it on a table saw. Or better yet, spend a few extra dollars and have them cut it to size for you. A sign shop should also be able to dimension plastic. You might be able to purchase a large scrap cut-off at substantial savings.

As far as an 8x10 tank, I would probably just extend the height and width dimensions of the full-plate tank to 12" and 8.5" respectively.

7.5" --> 8.5"
    7.125" --> 8.125"
    10" --> 12"

Sorry, but I don't have a tank that size since I'm not fond of the 8x10 format.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin