Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,222   Online: 905

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yep, that's it. I wish they had put the manufacturer in the information. Don't take them too seriously if they aren't Philips, Osram or GE tubes...

Shooter
    35mm

CFL UVA

I have also gone the same route as Mike Wilde, that is using compact fluorescent lamps. They are mini spirals, each consuming about 14 watts and emit UVA -confirmed with a spectrometer. These were purchased at this same hardware chain (Canadian Tire) for around $8.00 ea.

The 12" x 12" box houses four lamps and is lined with Aluminum foil which I intentionally wrinkled. The advantage with aluminum is it is a strong UV reflector. Some pigments, although white in appearance, are not. Zinc Oxide for example. There are no reflection hotspots probably due to the large lamp surface area. The lamps are mounted horizontally because the built in electronic ballast will stay cooler than an inverted mount which is not recommended. Cyanotypes using Ferric Ammonium Citrate typically take 12-14 mins.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hi Matt,

Have a look at: http://www.lightfittingsuk.co.uk/mai...ghting+Battens ?

Regards,
    Mike

I use fluorescent tubes designed for Tropical seawater aquariums, these come with with all the fittings.
    Try one of the aquarium suppliers,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin