Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,329   Posts: 1,537,164   Online: 825

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

The Wet Collodion Process - video

Did a quick search and couldn't find this on apug. Hope it's useful to someone!
    A video from Getty on artbabble on the Wet Collodion process.

" Invented in 1851, the wet collodion photographic process produced a glass negative and a beautifully detailed print. Preferred for the quality of the prints and the ease with which they could be reproduced, the new method thrived from the 1850s until about 1880."

http://www.artbabble.org/video/photo...lodion-process

- Tony
    regards,

Tony

Images
    Thanks That was informative.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Haven't watched your link yet, but there is since several months actually a whole new Video section on APUG itself:

http://www.apug.org/forums/video.php

including a number of videos about wet plate collodion...

If you find interesting links, post them on APUGs video section

Marco
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin