Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,327   Posts: 1,536,989   Online: 1191

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congratulations on the show Bob! I am going to try to get down there to see it.

I don't suppose there's any way you might want to come up to Photostock in Northern Michigan this June to give a presentation and show the work? I realize it might be a long shot, but we sure would be honored to have you there!

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I second that, I am going to try to see this show.
    It would be great to see it at Photostock.

Quote Originally Posted by billschwab View Post

I don't suppose there's any way you might want to come up to Photostock in Northern Michigan this June to give a presentation and show the work? I realize it might be a long shot, but we sure would be honored to have you there!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Bill,

Thank you sincerely for the invitation, but I don't think I'll be able to make it. However, these days I try to never say never.

Putting carbon on aluminum is in its infancy as a process extension of carbon. I've really only started the exploration with the 150 or so transfers to aluminum that I've done so far. Those yielded only about 50 finished prints. A couple other people have experimented with other materials, but there is no standard way of doing it yet. Even I have ideas of how to modify the process to get a different finish on the print.

I did two demonstrations back-to-back in Santa Fe at APIS last July and the materials I use behaved entirely differently than in Ohio in my facilities. The first demo was successful, the second was not so successful as the heat increased toward noon. Luther Gerlach had the same problem with his ambrotype demo that ran concurrently, and he was working in his own portable darkroom truck.

But it looks like there is a good agenda lined up of very talented photographers. Have a great week!

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by billschwab View Post

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Attached are pictures from the gallery opening last Sunday. All of the carbon prints on aluminum were made with Bostick & Sullivan carbon tissue.

The gallery in Oberlin occupies most of the first floor of the building in the picture. Oberlin and Oberlin College are known as a a progressive community deeply supportive of the arts. The Allen Museum of Art is a few blocks away. They as well as the Cleveland Museum of Art have very impressive photography collections.

Last week, President Obama presented the Oberlin Conservatory of Music of Oberlin College with the 2009 National Medal of Arts at the White House. Created in 1984, the National Medal of Arts is the highest award given by the U.S. government to individuals and organizations that encourage the arts.

So it is somewhat of an honor to be invited to exhibit at the FAVA Gallery in Oberlin.

Bob Herbst
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1sm.jpg   IMG_2sm.jpg   IMG_3sm.jpg   IMG_4sm.jpg   IMG_5sm.jpg  

FAVA Gallery Building.jpg  

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Bob, thanks for the great images for us to look at. What a very nice venue for your very fine work. Congratulations again.

Jim

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Congrats, Bob!
    Kerik Kouklis
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion
    www.kerik.com
    2014 Workshop Schedule Online

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Congratulations!

Ash

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bobherbst View Post
    Thank you sincerely for the invitation, but I don't think I'll be able to make it. However, these days I try to never say never.
    Hi Bob, Congratulations on the great show! I understand about Photostock, but if you should change your mind, do not hesitate to get in touch. Thanks for considering us!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin