Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,480   Online: 955
      
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 75
  1. #21
    Athiril's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, Vic, Australia
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    2,495
    Images
    28
    Ah.

    I was hoping it might be possible to take an existing pan film and dye bleach it in some kind of fogging development with the needed dyes before bleaching, dry and using

  2. #22
    Photo Engineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    22,932
    Images
    65
    This could be done, but you would need 3 sheets of film for the R/G/B record and a 3 color beam splitting camera such as used about 100 years ago for color.

    PE

  3. #23
    Ian Grant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    West Midlands, UK, and Turkey
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    16,216
    Images
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    This could be done, but you would need 3 sheets of film for the R/G/B record and a 3 color beam splitting camera such as used about 100 years ago for color.

    PE
    Ron, they were still made in the 1950's, that's in quite a few here's lifetime but their heyday was the 1930's and 40's with the growth of colour litho printing.

    The Eve's One Shot was available in 1954 in 2 sizes 5"x4" and 6x9cm.

    Ian

  4. #24
    Photo Engineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    22,932
    Images
    65
    Thanks Ian, but I am fully aware of that time scale. This subject often comes up on the Dye Transfer Forum where I post from time to time. I was referring to the heyday of tricolor separation photography.

    PE

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    9
    I love learning new things. I wasn't aware of Lavedrine's book in French specifically on Autochrome. I don't own that one. The book I have is a survey of all historical processes. Anyway, I put together the info I have access to here: http://thelightfarm.com/Map/Books/Te...BookReview.htm

    Also, I could use a little help from old APUG hands. My computer had a nervous breakdown this week and I finally gave up and rebuilt it (rather more truthfully, my husband did ) I have long ago forgotten my APUG password and getting back in under my original user name defeated me. I kept being sent to APUG form pages that then said I couldn't be there. ?? Help! I miss my racoon avatar and being able to read my pm's. Thanks.

    Denise

  6. #26
    David A. Goldfarb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawai'i
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    17,165
    Images
    20
    I sent you a PM about your login issues, Denise.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

  7. #27
    dwross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Oregon Coast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    798
    Thanks, David! With your help I was able to rescue Pancho .
    d

  8. #28

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Basel, Switzerland
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by dwross2 View Post
    I love learning new things. I wasn't aware of Lavedrine's book in French specifically on Autochrome. I don't own that one. The book I have is a survey of all historical processes. Anyway, I put together the info I have access to here: http://thelightfarm.com/Map/Books/Te...BookReview.htm
    Thank you for making this available. I have just been reading with great interest the section on screen plates. I wonder if a realistic and relatively easy approach to approximating an autochrome would be to create a screen plate (using modern plastics and dyes, and perhaps based on figure 112 on page 460). This could be fixed to a panchromatic sheet of film (TMY-2, perhaps), which would then be reversal-developed. If I knew an Indian or Chinese plastics or dye factory, I'd be tempted to try this.

  9. #29
    Photo Engineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    22,932
    Images
    65
    David;

    The "screen plate" is actually how the Dufay can be reproduced today. I have seen these colored "plates" made via a digital printer onto film support which is then locked in place over a piece of film during exposure. They are separated while the film is processed and then they are again placed in register for projection giving a fine color reproduction of the original.

    PE

  10. #30
    Athiril's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, Vic, Australia
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    2,495
    Images
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    This could be done, but you would need 3 sheets of film for the R/G/B record and a 3 color beam splitting camera such as used about 100 years ago for color.

    PE
    I have some filters for tri-colour, what I mean to say, is that you cant develop/dye exposed silver, pull it before its done, then do another develop with a different develop/dye bath and a third and so on, then bleaching and use? etc?

    Quote Originally Posted by David Hedley View Post
    Thank you for making this available. I have just been reading with great interest the section on screen plates. I wonder if a realistic and relatively easy approach to approximating an autochrome would be to create a screen plate (using modern plastics and dyes, and perhaps based on figure 112 on page 460). This could be fixed to a panchromatic sheet of film (TMY-2, perhaps), which would then be reversal-developed. If I knew an Indian or Chinese plastics or dye factory, I'd be tempted to try this.
    Id say youd have to know a worker directly to get them to bring you some stuff

    A chinese factory/company will have a minimum order quantity of about a container load.

    As I found out when I inquired about Lucky colour film in the 300 & 600 metre pancake rolls.. wish someone would sell those directly, would be great for motion picture.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin