Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,480   Online: 955

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Ah.

I was hoping it might be possible to take an existing pan film and dye bleach it in some kind of fogging development with the needed dyes before bleaching, dry and using

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This could be done, but you would need 3 sheets of film for the R/G/B record and a 3 color beam splitting camera such as used about 100 years ago for color.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    This could be done, but you would need 3 sheets of film for the R/G/B record and a 3 color beam splitting camera such as used about 100 years ago for color.

PE
    Ron, they were still made in the 1950's, that's in quite a few here's lifetime but their heyday was the 1930's and 40's with the growth of colour litho printing.

The Eve's One Shot was available in 1954 in 2 sizes 5"x4" and 6x9cm.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Ian, but I am fully aware of that time scale. This subject often comes up on the Dye Transfer Forum where I post from time to time. I was referring to the heyday of tricolor separation photography.

PE

Shooter
    Large Format
    I love learning new things. I wasn't aware of Lavedrine's book in French specifically on Autochrome. I don't own that one. The book I have is a survey of all historical processes. Anyway, I put together the info I have access to here: http://thelightfarm.com/Map/Books/Te...BookReview.htm

Also, I could use a little help from old APUG hands. My computer had a nervous breakdown this week and I finally gave up and rebuilt it (rather more truthfully, my husband did ) I have long ago forgotten my APUG password and getting back in under my original user name defeated me. I kept being sent to APUG form pages that then said I couldn't be there. ?? Help! I miss my racoon avatar and being able to read my pm's. Thanks.

Denise

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I sent you a PM about your login issues, Denise.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks, David! With your help I was able to rescue Pancho .
    d

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dwross2 View Post
    I love learning new things. I wasn't aware of Lavedrine's book in French specifically on Autochrome. I don't own that one. The book I have is a survey of all historical processes. Anyway, I put together the info I have access to here: http://thelightfarm.com/Map/Books/Te...BookReview.htm
    Thank you for making this available. I have just been reading with great interest the section on screen plates. I wonder if a realistic and relatively easy approach to approximating an autochrome would be to create a screen plate (using modern plastics and dyes, and perhaps based on figure 112 on page 460). This could be fixed to a panchromatic sheet of film (TMY-2, perhaps), which would then be reversal-developed. If I knew an Indian or Chinese plastics or dye factory, I'd be tempted to try this.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    David;

The "screen plate" is actually how the Dufay can be reproduced today. I have seen these colored "plates" made via a digital printer onto film support which is then locked in place over a piece of film during exposure. They are separated while the film is processed and then they are again placed in register for projection giving a fine color reproduction of the original.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post

PE
    I have some filters for tri-colour, what I mean to say, is that you cant develop/dye exposed silver, pull it before its done, then do another develop with a different develop/dye bath and a third and so on, then bleaching and use? etc?

Quote Originally Posted by David Hedley View Post
    Thank you for making this available. I have just been reading with great interest the section on screen plates. I wonder if a realistic and relatively easy approach to approximating an autochrome would be to create a screen plate (using modern plastics and dyes, and perhaps based on figure 112 on page 460). This could be fixed to a panchromatic sheet of film (TMY-2, perhaps), which would then be reversal-developed. If I knew an Indian or Chinese plastics or dye factory, I'd be tempted to try this.
    Id say youd have to know a worker directly to get them to bring you some stuff

A chinese factory/company will have a minimum order quantity of about a container load.

As I found out when I inquired about Lucky colour film in the 300 & 600 metre pancake rolls.. wish someone would sell those directly, would be great for motion picture.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin