Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,526   Posts: 1,543,909   Online: 1065

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Liquid Light and Lith

I recently acquired some Bergger Cot 320 paper that I plan to coat with Liquid Light. Has anyone ever tried processing a combo like this using a Lith developer?
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bergger COT320 is a superb paper but varies IMHO with emulsion coated on it, and also with the typical B&W process. It is a cotton based product that can vary from batch to batch enough to suffer from lack of cohesion in the developer and fix, as well as bubble formation during coating resulting in small bubble defects in the coated material.

But, of course, this has varied over 3 batches, good, bad, fair so to speak.

I urge you to try it, but don't be discouraged. There are other batches and other good papers. Also, make sure that the weight is 100# or greater for best results in processing.

PE

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    I have never tried any liquid emulsion that wasn't destroyed in lith developer!
    I asked Moersch and I asked Tim Rudman, but they couldn't help me...

However, in the book "silver Gelatine" there's a "way out"...
    Apparently, if you develop normally - fix and rinse, then you can bleach the image and re develop in lith..

(havn't tried this my self)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks. It'll be an experiment
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Just been doing a little bit of lith printing with a D85 mix. Had some SE1 emulsion (see here) coated on glass to hand - Initial comment: Yes, it does show some infectious tendencies, but no noticeable colour shift. Coated on a good quality paper base may change that.

If you have a selection of surfaces, it is probably worth experimenting with.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin