Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,921   Posts: 1,522,089   Online: 740

Shooter
    Multi Format

My Latest Project - pt/pd & 4x10

Utah Bigfoot

Enjoy!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thats very nice,what a combination of photographs and reading. Utah Big foot research,camping all over and photographing would be a good living.Thanks for sharing Michael.
    Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Updated with some 8x20 paper negative images...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    i have to admit i love this project. i think its often hard for alt processes to find a suitable home on the web, but i couldnt imagine this project in any other form. keep up the excellent work

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow, thanks for the kind words. I see people are visiting the site, but so far there hasn't been much feedback. I appreciate you going and visiting, especially because you are finding it so interesting.

I have been printing like crazy to present this work to a group of photographers at PhotoCamp Utah this coming Saturday. I'll have about 20 prints to share. It should be fun.

Utah Bigfoot

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I presented this work on Saturday evening at PhotoCamp Utah 2010. This is a group made up of mainly digital shooters, so it might interest many of you to see the kind of reception I got.

You can watch my presentation by visiting THIS LINK.

I'm at about 49:00.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice project Michael! Great images. It's quite strange but I'm actually working on a project throughout Wales on locations that have dragon legends! Also in platinum, so both are pretty similar in conception. It's difficult to take pictures of something that isn't there eh? I felt a bit ridiculous when I first thought of the idea but have really enjoyed doing it. I wasn't sure how much the narrative would affect the way you view the images. Seeing your completed project I can see that it works really well and gives an extra dimension to the shots which gives me reassurance. Your bigfoot project seems slightly less far fetched than dragons! A lot of the legends im dealing with date from way back and pretty much all involve the beasts being slain. I was watching a video on the natural history museum in london which houses a fossil of a reptile with wings and feathers, showing how reptiles evolved into mammals. So it makes you wonder whether there is truth to this cryptozoology and if any survived long enough to be passed into legend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jarvman,

Thank you so much for the feedback. I propose that we keep in touch. Please e-mail me at: sladephoto *at* yahoo *dot* com. Thanks again!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin