Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,419   Online: 790

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

my first bromoilprint

hallo

i have done it

YYYYEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHH

i know nothing good, or big, ors ensational, or.......

but im so happy with it.

some marks are from a dirty dryingunderground and others from the transport,(yes yes waiting was not my big thing today).

and a little question:
    during the first colorcoating there were bright white strips across the picture, like scratches. after hard work with the roller they disappeared, but from what were they. it will be easier without them.
    --------------------------------------------------
    vfdkv (259)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Good work; I tried bromoil, but actually getting a print that looked like an image was too difficult for me and I gave it up and switched to gum
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The lighter streaks are someties caused by excessive moisture on the front or back of the print. Make sure you blot both sides of the print to remove any "pools" or droplets of water. You want the surface to be uniform in its moisture content.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    that's great! The pic/subject matter look authentic. i know nothing about the process but i do know what i like.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    hallo

thankyou for the nice replies.
    yesterday i was trying the next one, and working further the first one.

next pic next mistake (this time no special bromoil paper. i used a matte rollei baryt). always the first apply. suddenly there was a dark stripe across the pic. all other areas worked well.
    (i have cleaned my brushes and rolls last session with petroleum, mayby there was some rests of this fluid???)

so i put the pic in warm water again and washed the whole printcolour away and inked it again .
    now it worked only some stains in some areas. i think i washed the pic tooo hard. but i like the pic because of its no-perfection.

then i started the second inking of the first picture. i wanted to see what happens. the pic above was not that what i wanted (to photo like).
    and now comes the thing why im soo happy about this process.
    the density was getting hiher,higer, too high. after some trys i realised that i can remove the ink in the areas where i wanted to. now it was great, some ink here some colour away there . (and it was getting more graphic)

today i have to work but in the evening i ride to the darkroom (in the light) to see how it looks like today.
    also the new pic because yesterday at the end of the session there were some watermarks (like, if i dont rinse the film with destilled water).

all this is a big exploration for me.
    vfdkv (259)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    really nice print. it has a really nice gritty feel to it. i never knew how hard bromoils could be but if you give up a process and move to gum because its easier you know its a hard process!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    hallo

last weekend i made a relative good print (in my eyes). now it is drying.
    in the next days i will load up a scan or digi-foto of it.

now the surface is a littlebit rough. im afraid of demages.
    should i fix it at the end again???
    vfdkv (259)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks good to me! Keep up the good work!

Jeff

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Use rollers which have rounded edges, otherwise you will get heavier lines from the sides.
    First roll horizontally and next vertically. Use very small amount of ink, otherwise even inking is much more difficult.
    Next after the first ink, use a wet cotton (which you put into your nose when bleeding {I do not know how it is told in engish}) and go over the image to remove ink which wil increase contrast.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    hallo

thankyou for the tip with the rounded edges.
    and
    now i know i wantet too much at the first time, anly less color helps.

and here the next pics (also in the gallery)

on rollei vintage matte baryt paper

and

on imago bromoilpapter

both with rolltechnik (no money for a good brush)
    vfdkv (259)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin