Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,971   Posts: 1,523,550   Online: 787

Shooter
    Medium Format

looking for a brownish paper

hi guys i did a quick search and couldnt come up with an answer.

i'm looking for a paper for doing kallitypes, cyanotypes and gum on that has a brownish tint to it. how brown is fabriano number 5?

i'm looking for something like the botton few frames in this picture:

or something a tiny bit lighter than this paper:

i know this has been an incredibly rambling topic but i just thought some of you may be able to help.

also is there any free resources online to teach you how to bind books?

thanks

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    You may want to look at Stonehenge paper by Rising. They have some nice looking shades that might work for you--especially natural, cream, and fawn. http://www.dickblick.com/products/stonehenge-paper/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    just had a look and that looks like the stuff i need, do you know if its available in hot press? as i just went down to my local arts shop and they had some but it was quite rough like it was np.

p.s. just realised probably should have put a nsfw for the second image i didnt think it would be included in the post itself i thought it would be a link!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    If you want warm images consider doing palladium...I'm currently doing palladium on Fabriano Artistico 140HP developed in my regular paltinum developer and getting very nice warm tones...
    Best, Peter

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    How about doing a light tea-toning to brown up the paper?

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by macclad View Post
    just had a look and that looks like the stuff i need, do you know if its available in hot press? as i just went down to my local arts shop and they had some but it was quite rough like it was np.
    There are two weights available, but I've only seen it in a very smooth surface that looks like hot press. Are you sure you were looking at Stonehenge?

I use Rising Stonehenge papers all the time. I get them up here at Opus, but I see that they are here, too:

http://www.dickblick.com/products/st...-paper/#photos

Andrew

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin