Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,704   Posts: 1,482,716   Online: 945

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Efke IR820 ISO

Shooter
    35mm

Efke IR820 ISO

Tomorrow I`m going to shoot infrared but I have no idea which ISO setting to put on my Nikon F100. Somewere I find 6 ISO, somewere 200 ISO so I`m pretty confused. If someone has some expirience with this film, please help! I`m using Cokin 89b which is like Hoya R72.
    Thanks for the help!

Shooter
    35mm
    And one additional question - I`ve heard I could get infrared results using ordinary film with infra filter. Could that be true?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Boris,

Efke IR820C is based on the Efke 100 film with extended sensitizers to 820nm.
    Using a 89B - 695nm (0007) (5-6 F stops) will give you iso 1,5 - 3 only.

When using a standard panchromatic B&W film (normally till 650nm) you will filter every thing away for the film, so blanc negatives.
    IR film you CAN use without filter. It's then a standard film again.

You have to bracket a bit because you never know exactly the amount of IR light in the atmosphere.

Best regards,

Robert

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Use ISO 3 with that film if you're using a 720 cutoff. You might go lower than that, but you run into issues with depth of field/reciprocity. Without a filter it's a 100-200 speed panchromatic film.
    --Nicholas Andre

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The ratio of IR to visible light varies a *lot* with time of day, weather, latitude, and who knows what else, which makes it pretty much impossible to assign a meaningful EI to this film in general. I've gotten good results at EI 6 on some days, and terrible underexposure at EI 1.5 on others. Bracketing and experimenting to find what works for the conditions you typically shoot is probably the only real way to go.

I've actually had some luck metering *through* the filter, with the meter set to 100. The results were a bit thin and I'd probably add a stop or two if I did it that way again. I have no idea how reliable this method really is, though---I guess it depends on the sensitivity of your particular meter to IR.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    35mm
    Тhanks to all for the help, I`ll do my best and develop it in the next few days so hopefully we`ll see the results soon.
    Thanks again!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Important is to make one picture without filter so that later you can check if at least your development is OK.

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    lots of data and pictures to compare here: http://www.digitaltruth.com/articles.php in the infrared section.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    35mm
    I just came back from the shoot and at the thirtieth shot i realized that I haven`t been covering the viewfinder! So my measurements are not what they were supposed to be... I`m gonna develop it tonight and send the results...
    Thanks everybody once again for all the help!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    2 seconds@16 and you'll be in the ball park on a sunny day. metering through the filter doesn't work for me.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin