Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,529   Online: 997

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fan in a UV box

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Moore
    I am building a UV light box according to the specs on http://www.eepjon.com/ubldit.htm

Do you have a fan in your box and if so, where did you get it? I'm trying to find one locally as I already have ALL of the other materials here. I just don't want to cut the plywood without knowing the size of the fan before I begin.
    You really need a fan in the box. If you don't have one the bulbs will heat up during exposure and light output will fall dramatically, to less than 40-50% of output when the bulbs are kept cool with a fan. You can not see this with your eyes but if you have light integrator the fall-off in output is dramatic.

Regarding Bill's comment about the BL and SA tubes my testing has consistently shown that the BL tubes print slightly faster than the SAs. But many people agree with Bill's finding and as far as I can determine opinion appears to be about equally divided as to which bulb prints faster. However, there is a slight difference in contrast in the mid-tones between the two lights that results from more belly in the curve of BL prints. This information will be found in the appendix I did for the new edition of Dick Arentz' book on platinum printing which should be out in a few months.

However, if your intention is to print both Pd/Pd and one of the dichromate colloid processes there is no questio but that the BL tubes is overall much better.

Sandy King
    Last edited by sanking; 06-20-2004 at 09:00 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is definitely going to be a fan in the box. I'm actually thinking of putting in two as Shinn suggested. One on the left (when looking at the box) to suck air in and one on the right to suck it out.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Moore
    There is definitely going to be a fan in the box. I'm actually thinking of putting in two as Shinn suggested. One on the left (when looking at the box) to suck air in and one on the right to suck it out.
    Suck in, suck out grasshopper.....oush...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin