Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,545   Posts: 1,544,499   Online: 1138

Shooter
    Multi Format

Graphic Arts Film Question

I am not certain that I have this question in the correct area here. I have a copy of this in B&W: film, paper, chemistry.

I was given some Dupont, Graphic Arts Film with no data sheets for it. I says 738 Cronar, CCS-7, Commercial S Film, either .003 or .007 Thickness and it is 24" x 32" in size (that is correct; Inches).

I can do all kinds of things with it from cutting it down and using it in pinhole cameras, to making 4X5" sheet film out of it to enlarging negatives onto it and then developing the resulting "positive" that is on the film and then projecting that onto paper to make a 'negative' print.

However, having no data sheets, I have no idea what the ISO/sensitivity is or how to use it in terms of exposure times for any purpose. I do plan to take an 'alternative processes' class at some point but would like to get at least a feel for working with this film first.

I have searched the internet for this film type and found Cronar but nothing else and what I can find about it so far is zero, nada, zilch.

Now, I know some of you might want me to send it to you, but my mama didn't raise no fools, and my grandma, she raised me....

Any help is much appreciated.
    Tim Flynn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's a shame no one has responded. I wish I knew something to help you out. Bummer.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It was responded to under BW films and papers.
    Richard

Why are there no speaker jacks on a stereo camera?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is likely lith film with an orthochromatic sensitivity. Likely EI is 1.5 -12

Try using it in the darkroom like b&w paper and see what you get.

Post your findings or PM me for further advice from what you find.

I have played with this type of product in the past and still have a stash in the freezer. I presently finds myself short of tiem to play as much as I would likel to.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It sounds like a separation film that could be used for making masks in old style comping and duping. Best staring point is to use as a lith film and process in lith dev by inspection. Could then try a soft working paper dev to get a tone image but it's most likely a workroom film and is too slow for real camera use.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by richard ide View Post
    It was responded to under BW films and papers.

WOOOPS!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Interesting info here - yes, I did post this question in two place - must be a 'my bad' - But, I have found a good bit of information here on apug and have a starting point to work with this film now. I will post or PM any findings from my tinkerings with this stuff. Working full-time, night school three nights a week; will have 3 or 4 weeks off before summer classes and the same off before fall classes. That being the case, I won't have anything posted for a few weeks at least. Thanks for the info too.
    Tim Flynn

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin