Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,768   Posts: 1,484,191   Online: 857

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    nze
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I first rinse the print then I add the second toner. I use to tone the print with a coating rod and a one shot toner. THe second toner have less visual effect than the first one. it only add archival quality.
    I also mix toner but just not try to put a such toned print in my nitrci acid bath. May be the result is the same.

The first printing is the more important as is totaly toned the highlight ( for most toner) and the 10% loss of density only happen in the lowlight.
    Chris Nze
    me Apug Portfolio
    Me web page

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hello,

Can I use for Van Dyke and Kallitype a TETENAL Gold Toner ?
    And in waht dilution ?

Cheers,
    Konrad Sadowski

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Probably yes, OTOH, AFAIK, Tetenal toner is used w/o dilution; it's at working strength already...

Mind that mixing gold-thiourea toner yourself would be way cheaper. You don't absolutely need Gold Chloride (AuCl3) for the toner, Potassium Chloroaurate (K[AuCl4]) will work too. You may find this at gold platers / jewellery workshops for much better prices than AuCl3...
    Last edited by Loris Medici; 06-03-2010 at 04:22 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: P.S. Added a comment about mixing yourself

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin