Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,683   Posts: 1,548,531   Online: 898

Shooter
    35mm

More Caffenol-C Fun

Recently was given a 15-year-old expired roll of Fuji 200 color negative film, which I decided to play with. I shot it at an EI of 50, with my Pentax S2 and a 55mm f/1.8 Super-Takumar.

Since the whole point was to have some fun, I developed it for 16 minutes at 75 F in the Caffenol-C formula on Digital Truth's website. Attached are several negative scans (with the contrast and brightness settings on the scanner at the lowest settings). The highlights look a little strange - not sure if that's the developing or the exposure - but I got usable images.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Interesting and pretty amazing, I wasn't aware of caff. use on color film. Thanks for sharing.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Funny I should find this thread the day after my dad unloaded his 35mm stuff on me. The Pentax SP1000 is loaded with a 200 film, most likely Fuji my dad says, maybe 20 yrs old. I was thinking of developing it in Caffenol anyhow, but now I have at least an inkling as to the development time.

DIY 4x5 | DIY 6x17 | DIY 6x24 anarmorphic pinhole | Pentax' SV & SP 1000 | Rolleiflex | Kalloflex | Weltix | Royal 35-M | Leica M4-2 | Polaroid 250 | Polaroid 110A / 600SE conversion | DIY Polaroid View | DUO Polaroid TLR | Vito CL | Pentacon SIX | Kiev 6C | Canon EF | Mamiya 1000s

My Blogspot
    My Flickr
    My APUG Gallery

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Pretty impressive. The prints have a real 'old time' look about them.
    I think I'm going to have to go out and buy some coffee to make use of all that old c/neg film in the fridge.

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Do so Steve, I've been busy for the better part of a year, developing Kodak Gold 200, plus older C22 films rediscovered in the attic with absolutely great success! Highly recommended.

But I don't advocate the recipes on Digital Thrut's pages, they invite a little too much to sloppyness (teaspoons and tablespoons aint overly inspiring to an old chem engineer.

Find reinhold's Caffenol blog, read ALL of it, and follow his advice to a T. Your results will be predictable, repeatable and very, very good.

I use standard CC-M btw, and 15 minutes @ 20 centigrade. Works great!

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Blog Entries
    hi steve

i too have processed slide and print film in caffenol
    even though i have organic chemists, pharmacists and chemistry professors
    in my bloodline, i don't worry about eyeballing the measurements.

have fun!
    john

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin