Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,765   Posts: 1,484,081   Online: 936

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    I use Arches Platine on larger prints and COT320 for 8X10s. Would use COT320 for all if I could afford it because the detail is superior. Tried F. Aristico with oxalic acid bath, but it seemed to remove some of the sizing before coating, so didn't get a comparable print.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    I've been a huge devotee of the Bergger COT320, which seems to be about the most viceless pt/pd paper. You pay accordingly, but there's no need to double-coat or acidify. I think part of your problem is that you're using the backside of the paper. You may not like the pattern of the front, but it is pressed and rolled to give a tighter texture even when wet.
    Where are you getting Cot320? No one seems to have it except B&S, and they've been out of stock for some time.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have a stash of it right now, and B&S is expecting it back in soon, at least the last time I spoke to them they were, which was just a few weeks ago.

Shooter
    Large Format
    COT320 - Call Leigh Sullivan at B&S. They're suppose to have a shipment middle next month.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Thanks for the info, hope to try it when they get it in.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by doughowk View Post
    ...Tried F. Aristico with oxalic acid bath, but it seemed to remove some of the sizing before coating, so didn't get a comparable print.
    I've used Artistico quite a bit and I always resize it after the oxalic acid bath(5%) with a starch solution of 1 part stayflo starch to 2 parts water.

Alan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    BUMP:

Thought I'd revive this exchange rather than creating a new thread.

When acidifying paper do I soak one sheet at a time in a tray? Are there any problems caused when soaking multiple sheets together in oxalic acid solution? Also, once the paper has been in for long enough, what do I do next? I assume just drip dry and hang to air dry to completion. Cheers for your help.

Shooter
    35mm
    I normally acidify 8 sheets at a time, keeping them moving in the tray, and drip dry. If the sheets end up with a lot of curl I flatten in a dry mount press. A few more details here:
    http://www.dennisspector.com/technot..._workflow.html
    Denny

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cheers Denis, Will try doing a similar amount in one go. Do you shuffle through the stack, moving the top sheet to the bottom for example?

Shooter
    35mm
    I don't shuffle the sheets, but I do separate them by lifting each one a bit to allow fresh solution to circulate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin