Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,494   Posts: 1,543,006   Online: 770

Thread: image transfer

image transfer

Hi All,
    I am an art photographer, using Polaroid emulsion lift technique for my images. I am very limited by size of Polaroid films, so I am looking for another possibilities how to make bigger prints from my images with advantage of emulsion lifting. I have heard, that Kodak paper R14 can be lifted. Do you know something about it? Does somebody know some another possibilities?
    Thank you, Martin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I haven't heard of that. Keeping in mind that Polaroid film can go up to 20x24, and actually even LARGER (well, LONGER), I doubt many people have explored other possibilities.

I know that in theory you can do it with Liquid Light, but it is damn tricky....

And not in color.
    Official Photo.net Villain
    ----------------------
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]DaVinci never wrote an artist's statement...[/FONT]

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    There is 20x24 polaroid film and I have even seen 40x80 polaroids (from a camera the size of a room). I have never heard of R14 lifts.

http://www.polaroid.com/studio/20x24/ if your close to New York, Boston, Cambridge, Prague or San Fransico.

Hate to say it, but why not drum scan your final image and print it at whatever size you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Agency mh
    Hi All,
    I am an art photographer, using Polaroid emulsion lift technique for my images. I am very limited by size of Polaroid films, so I am looking for another possibilities how to make bigger prints from my images with advantage of emulsion lifting. I have heard, that Kodak paper R14 can be lifted. Do you know something about it? Does somebody know some another possibilities?
    Thank you, Martin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The 40x80 is at the Moby C Studio in NYC.

Joe McNally did a wonderful series of 9/11 workers and related people in 1:1 ratio on that camera. Truly amazing work.

You MIGHT, and I say this theroretically, be able to do something like carbon print or a gum print onto a very thin medium and get the look of a transfer.
    Official Photo.net Villain
    ----------------------
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]DaVinci never wrote an artist's statement...[/FONT]

Thanks for your reply.
    The reason why I do not like to scan final Polaroid shot is, that I exhibit and sell fine art images. Like lifted original, which cannot be reproduced the same way, price is guite high. If I print out digital print the price will hit the ground. It does not make sence to do that.

The Polaroid 20x24 or bigger are very, very expensive. I cannot afford it for now and I live in Japan as well. If I use film and enlarge photos on common color or B&W paper (like Kodak R14 maybe or similar one) with possibilities to lift it, it would keep sign of the original but expenses are small compare with Polaroid. One Czech photographer use some old German technical photo paper and lift sensitive layer as well. But German do not produce this paper any more.
    Some another advice?
    Thank you,Martin

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin