Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,719   Posts: 1,514,841   Online: 924
      
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Tucson
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    237

    Where can I see a carbon print in LA area

    I find myself in the Corona, area near LA for a few days. I have a little bit of time on my hands here and would love to have a look-see at some carbon prints. I have read about them and the process sounds interesting, but would like to have a look see before I make the leap.

    Anyone have a suggestion where there might be a gallery that could accommodate me.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ventura, Ca
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Posts
    1,778
    Images
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by tim k View Post
    I find myself in the Corona, area near LA for a few days. I have a little bit of time on my hands here and would love to have a look-see at some carbon prints. I have read about them and the process sounds interesting, but would like to have a look see before I make the leap.

    Anyone have a suggestion where there might be a gallery that could accommodate me.

    Thanks
    Tim, to my knowledge there is no galleries showing any carbon work in the LA area. Looks like I need to get off of my ass and do something about that. I work in outside sales and travel quite a bit so send me a PM and I should be able to meet you somewhere. BTW I will warn you in advance when you see carbon prints in the flesh there is no going back. I've been teaching and producing carbon prints for 2 years now and it is the only way I print. I've got a nice portfolio of image you can look at. So let me know.

    Jim
    Last edited by Jim Fitzgerald; 07-19-2010 at 11:33 PM. Click to view previous post history.

  3. #3
    2F/2F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    8,008
    Images
    4
    Talk to Per Volquartz, in Pasadena. He occasionally teaches workshops in this process.
    2F/2F

    "Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

    - Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

  4. #4
    Dave Wooten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Posts
    2,713
    Images
    20
    Andrew Glover (dagor 77) email dagor77 at earthlink.net look at Andrew's prints on the alternative photography website. Go to galleries and choose carbon or choose artist and choose Andrew. He lives in LA.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

  5. #5
    Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ventura, Ca
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Posts
    1,778
    Images
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    Talk to Per Volquartz, in Pasadena. He occasionally teaches workshops in this process.
    Well, I can comment on this. Per and I did a workshop in February of this year. He taught the Platinum workshop and I did two days of carbon transfer. Per has asked me to give him some private workshops in carbon transfer at his home in Pasadena. We just have to get our schedules together.

    As far as Andrew actively printing in carbon I'm not sure. Carbon transfer is all I do when it comes to printing.

    Jim

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Tucson
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    237
    2F and Dave, thanks I will do just that.
    Jim, thanks for the offer to meet. Don't think I can make it up that far with my schedule at this time, but perhaps sometime soon.

  7. #7
    Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ventura, Ca
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Posts
    1,778
    Images
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by tim k View Post
    2F and Dave, thanks I will do just that.
    Jim, thanks for the offer to meet. Don't think I can make it up that far with my schedule at this time, but perhaps sometime soon.
    Tim, I can meet you somewhere. I'm on the road all day with the day job. I've got accounts all over the LA area. Let me know and I can show you some prints. How long are you in town?

    Jim

  8. #8
    2F/2F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    8,008
    Images
    4
    Mr. Fitzgerald,

    I was aware that Mr. Volquartz himself did not teach the carbon portion of the workshop in question, but I should have made it very clear in my first post of the thread. My apologies. By "He occasionally teaches workshops in this process," I meant to say, "He occasionally hosts workshops in this process."
    2F/2F

    "Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

    - Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Tucson
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    237
    Jim,
    I'm probably heading back home on Thursday or Friday. My problem with a meet up is that we came over for a family medical emergency, and we're running back and forth to doctors and our schedule is been changing daily, if not hourly. Even in the morning our schedule is not set, until the Doctor phone call happens.
    Tim

  10. #10
    Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ventura, Ca
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Posts
    1,778
    Images
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by tim k View Post
    Jim,
    I'm probably heading back home on Thursday or Friday. My problem with a meet up is that we came over for a family medical emergency, and we're running back and forth to doctors and our schedule is been changing daily, if not hourly. Even in the morning our schedule is not set, until the Doctor phone call happens.
    Tim
    Tim, not a problem and I understand. I just went through what you are going through and fully understand. I hope all turns out well for you and your family.

    Jim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin