Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,788   Online: 835

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Sodium Chloroplatinate Prints, oops!

I was getting ready to print last night and didn't look at the bottles I grabbed. Well, the ones I did grab were the Ferric and a bottle of 20% Sodium Chloroplatinate solution. I immediately recognized a problem when I developed the image--looked like a washed out grainy lith print. Pretty neat effect, but way too expensive for me! I'm just glad I was doing a small print (4x5) and only used 5 drops

25mL Palladium: $62.50
    10mL 20% Sodium Chloroplatinate: $45

Ever had any weird effects from using the wrong chemical?
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Moore
    I was getting ready to print last night and didn't look at the bottles I grabbed. Well, the ones I did grab were the Ferric and a bottle of 20% Sodium Chloroplatinate solution. I immediately recognized a problem when I developed the image--looked like a washed out grainy lith print. Pretty neat effect, but way too expensive for me! I'm just glad I was doing a small print (4x5) and only used 5 drops

25mL Palladium: $62.50
    10mL 20% Sodium Chloroplatinate: $45

Ever had any weird effects from using the wrong chemical?

Not me. I can not remember every making a mistake in mixing chemicals in my photograpic work where the effect did not turn out 100% the way I wanted.

But just for the record, the Sodium Chloroplatinate is the the so-called Na2 solution tht many people are using these days as the contrast control agent with palladium printing, using sodium chloropalladite. Directions on Dick Arentz' web site if interested.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin