Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,832   Posts: 1,582,340   Online: 959

Thread: Bromoil

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Bromoil

I read recently of the technique of creating a print using the bromoil process but using a press on the inked matrix instead of the brush technique. Has anyone tried this? And more importantly if you have is it possible to use a "hand barren" instead of a standard press as the cost of a good press is rather astronomical.
    No escaping it!
    I must step on fallen leaves
    to take this path

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I think the press is used for Bromoil transfer printing. I've just started looking into Bromoil printing, would love to give it a go. Have you looked on alternativephotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looked there but no information on bromoil transfer.
    No escaping it!
    I must step on fallen leaves
    to take this path

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Take a look at Gene Laughter's gallery here on APUG...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have looked at Gene Laughter's gallery and it is excellent. I have looked at Tarvis Nunn's work which is also good!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The cost of a good etching presses makes this idea cost prohibitive to many. If you examine Gene's work and the work of many other bromoilists, you may find that bromoil prints give you what you're looking for. For example.. you may only transfer the ink while the ink is still wet. What if you're not done with your work but you expected to transfer? Essentially it's a reversed negative to get a transfer right side up, not backwards. With a print, you can let it dry, and return to it days, weeks later. In fact sometimes that kind of work allows a creative process with overlaying colors that would not be possible if it was all one soupy mess of stacked pigments and grease.
    I love the wilderness and I love my trail cameras, all Fuji's! :) GA645, GW690 III, and the X100 which I think is the best trail camera ever invented (to date).

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin