Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,249   Online: 800

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A last note: Try to keep your workplace at same temperature and humidity. Same for the place that you dry your papers. (Not necessarily the same conditions as the workplace, but it has to be a stable environment...) If you keep your paper somewhere else, bring some to the workplace in advance, to let them stabilize under working conditions... (Consistency is very important and one of the keys to success.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandros View Post
    not all papers in the world are available unfortunately
    Where are you Xandros? (Name suggest Greek origin, are you in Greece or Cyprus? Actually a silly question, since there are Greek people all over the world; Continental Europe, U.S.A., Australia...) We have all the variants of Fabriano "even" here in Istanbul, Turkey. Therefore I'm sure you'll be able to find Fabriano in your part of the world, if you aren't in a extremely remote place... To me it's the best paper for gum! (Any variant is good - given you like the base color and texture of the variant in question, plus it's >= ~300gsm...) Try to source some...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It's a nickname, and I'm not greek but Russian origin

But, I'm in Brussels, Belgium. There are some fabriano papers here at the local shops, but not all of them. It looks however that the same paper somehow works without shrinking for some people but not for others. There is something I must be doing wrong Thanks for all your help anyway !

I'm continuing my test strip experiment and will let you know the results ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    BTW, in order to prevent any probable misunderstanding, I'm talking about Fabriano Artistico (that Paul mentioned) specifically. (Traditional White / Extra White bases with hot press / satin / cold press surfaces...) Fabriano 5 also works well, FWIW. But Artistico is what you really want!

Regards & good luck,
    Loris.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks, will have a look indeed !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandros View Post
    Is it Artistico EW 140lb (300g/m) ?
    Yes, 140lb

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin