Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,910   Posts: 1,556,192   Online: 1043

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trash-o-type

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As someone who is also a mixed media artist, this has "collage material" written all over it! I need to find me some!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by InkyAlchemy View Post
    As someone who is also a mixed media artist, this has "collage material" written all over it! I need to find me some!
    InkyAlchemy Do you have any examples of your work you could PM me? Perhaps I could be persuaded to mail you some. I'll be setting up a darkroom shortly at my new place so I should be discovering some soon enough.

sly I am SO jealous of those. They are absolutely beautiful! What process are those from?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    nice work alex and sly !

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Those are really cool, thanks for sharing.
    "Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

Me

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    sly I am SO jealous of those. They are absolutely beautiful! What process are those from?[/QUOTE]

Just straight forward silver printing. They're test strips that never went in the developer (can't remember why.... possibly I cut up paper for test strips and some never made it to the paper safe.... were discovered on the table the next time I had the lights on). The paper is probably Ilford MGWT. They weren't fixed either, and have faded since they were scanned to share here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you did fix them they would lose those pinks and blues,to bad.My be ever changing Trash-o-type.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I'm stunned at the color they produced, Mine usually get the normal faint pink then eventually turn brown. In my experience, fixing them will cause the colors to remain permanent. (Now this is off of remembering what they looked like, and only over a period of 3 years)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The fixer will wash out all UNDEVELOPED halide silver leaving a blank paper with some stain.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mike c View Post
    The fixer will wash out all UNDEVELOPED halide silver leaving a blank paper with some stain.
    True story, but trashotype as I described it probably came in contact with various darkroom chemicals including developers. I see no change during the fixing of the paper. In fact, I usually am fixing under white light because I discover the paper while I'm cleaning up and toss the print into the fixer before I dispose of it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well I stand corrected then,there are a lot of chems that can devel. paper ,toners and such.Don't knock it before you try it I suppose.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin