Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,763   Posts: 1,484,033   Online: 1264

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

konica 750 infrared film

Was just on the B&H photo website,it would seem that konica 750 infrared film in medium format has been discontinued(not sure if by them or by konica).I'm at present not a medium format user but thought I'd post it in case anyone out there uses this film and gets it from B&H.

Jim
    "An object never performs the same function as its name or its image"-Rene Magritte

"An image of a dog does not bite"-William James applied to photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They do this every year from what I'm told as there is only one production run a year,usually in February I think. I've heard this message over and again because of that. I would take it with a grain of salt and my fingers crossed and hope that they decide to do the next years run on time.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yeah, they do a run in the spring I think and then when it is out, you have to wait.
    Official Photo.net Villain
    ----------------------
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]DaVinci never wrote an artist's statement...[/FONT]

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    This year is different Konica IR750 and Konica Impresa have been officially discontinued by Konica Minolta.

"How the hell do I know? Well at least that's what everyone tells me."

rjr
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    True - I asked them in April or May when the current batch was due. A employee of Konica Germany confirmed the discontinuation to me and many others I know.
    Tschüss,
    Roman

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Roman -

I've been thinking of saving a few rolls. Although it is discontinued, there are still stocks everywhere. Maybe because it is so expensive, it isn't an economical film to stock and freezer. It could also be that thef ilm's infrared capacities are still not stable ........even in zero degree deep freeze.

Seeing that you're in Germany, I guess you'll move on to the Maco IR stuff instead. Any good?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Can't speak for Roman but IMO the Maco 820c iR is better than konica and an 840 IR is on the way next year.they also make a 750 which is comparible to SFX from Ilford.

Jim
    "An object never performs the same function as its name or its image"-Rene Magritte

"An image of a dog does not bite"-William James applied to photography

Images
    You can get HIE in mediaum format here
    http://www.davidromano.com/Film.html He respools split 70mm. It is an option.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks Jim - that sounds really exciting. I'm looking forward to trying some.

Mark - I checked out the website - that respooled stuff is 2x the price of a roll of Konica IR!
    It's also over 4 times faster than Konica IR750 and likely to be so grainy in comparison. I might try and get some before heading on to Maco. Tried the SFX which was a bit of a disappointment.

rjr
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Smith
    Roman -
    I've been thinking of saving a few rolls. Although it is discontinued, there are still stocks everywhere. Maybe because it is so expensive, it isn't an economical film to stock and freezer. It could also be that thef ilm's infrared capacities are still not stable ........even in zero degree deep freeze.
    No, that seems to be of no concern. I recently discussed that with someone in de.rec.fotografie, he bought a bunch of rolls at 0,50DM some 10 years ago and freezed it - he claims that no fog has been build up.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=d...riseis.ruhr.de

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Smith
    Seeing that you're in Germany, I guess you'll move on to the Maco IR stuff instead. Any good?
    No, haven´t touched it and I only asked Konica when I got interested in the topic. But with the summer gone the interest faded, too.

Re those high prices - ask your dealer on a price. Those on the Maco website are out of touch with "real life".
    Tschüss,
    Roman

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin