Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,008   Posts: 1,524,606   Online: 1039

Shooter
    Multi Format

COT 320, is it gone forever? (Cross-post; actual thread in Hybridphoto.com...)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I recently purchased a 25 sheets pack of 22x30" COT 320 from a French on-line retailer. (Prophot) Then a friend of mine also wanted to order from them (a couple of weeks later than me) and the retailer returned stating "this product is out of stock in our stores, warehouses and *suppliers*, and we don't expect any delivery in the immediate future - *maybe never again*"!!!

Given the fact that suppliers have difficulties in meeting the market demand for a long time (6-7 months or even longer...), I'm really concerned we may have lost (or we are in the process of loosing) a very fine paper from our arsenals.

Any thoughts / comments or inside information?

Regards,
    Loris.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    why not just contact Bergger and ask? retailer's are not always the best source...hope it is not true, but always possible. As you know Loris many a fine paper has come and gone over the years.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Will ask to our local distributor on Monday... I had good news from the sister forum; apparently, there isn't any problem and other distributors will receive a large shipment soon.

Regards,
    Loris.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Loris Medici View Post
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any thoughts / comments or inside information?
    The short answer is No, Cot320 isn't gone. But the prices maybe going up.
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by donbga View Post
    The short answer is No, Cot320 isn't gone. But the prices maybe going up.
    Hmmm, definitely bad news for American (both North and South) printers - given the fact that I had my pack for 55% of the price they pay, and that's "including VAT and shipment expenses". For me, the paper was only(!) 50% more expensive than Fabriano Artistico - to give a perspective...

Regards,
    Loris.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Loris Medici View Post
    Hmmm, definitely bad news for American (both North and South) printers - given the fact that I had my pack for 55% of the price they pay, and that's "including VAT and shipment expenses". For me, the paper was only +50% expensive than Fabriano Artistico - to give a perspective...

Regards,
    Loris.
    Short of Buxton, Cot320 is probably the most expensive palladium friendly paper around. Since it is difficult or impossible to source in parent sized sheets it maybe more expensive than Buxton when purchased in cut sheet sizes.

I have a small amount left after that I'll quite buying it.
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, I definitely agree there's something wrong with the US pricing of this paper. (Who's doing wrong, I'm not sure though...)

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Has anyone ever asked Stephen Kinsella if they would import it? I've been meaning to try this paper for several years but it's never in supply when I remember to check. I'm blissfully unaware of how good it is so not sure how much I want to pursue it...

Sorry Loris- that wouldn't help you but I was curious.

Shooter
    Large Format
    For those in North America, Bostick & Sullivan are currently taking pre-orders for COT320. I've been told that a shipment is on its way to them from Bergger.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin