Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,808   Posts: 1,581,484   Online: 1100

Thread: Paper Sale

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Paper Sale

Thought I'd pass this on "Daniel Smith"(art supply store ) is having a huge sale! They have Rives BFK, Canson, and Arches Platine on sale at great prices.
    No escaping it!
    I must step on fallen leaves
    to take this path

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    You might want to compare with Apug sponsor Bostick & Sullivan.
    Arches Platine 1-30 sheets 22x30” Daniel Smith $8.29 per sheet
    Arches Platine 1-10 sheets 22x30” Bostick & Sullivan $6.50 per sheet

John Powers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

OUCH!

Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to check it out the only caveat is I have a Daniel Smith here locally and with shipping it may be a wash.
    No escaping it!
    I must step on fallen leaves
    to take this path

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlamarsh View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to check it out the only caveat is I have a Daniel Smith here locally and with shipping it may be a wash.
    Do you pay sales tax in the state of Washington? In OH the difference between sales tax and shipping is often a wash, making it well worth looking for a better deal on line.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I looked at the sale yesterday and didn't see such great prices. In the past I've been able to get Fabriano for around $30 for 10 sheets at DS, and now it's listed at $47...

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Ron, like I tried to tell you on your other thread about Platine, it's $5.24 a sheet at Stephen Kinsella everyday, and only 5.06 a sheet if you buy 25 sheets. Shipping isn't free, but it certain can't negate saving $3 a sheet, unless of course you only buy 1 sheet at a time. They ship in tubes so the coast is reasonable.

Daniel Smith makes great watercolors, but their prices for papers are stratospheric. You can get the double elephant size 30x44 Platine for only pennies more than what Smith charges for 22x30.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've been dealing with Bostick and Sullivan for years and can attest to their excellent customer service. They are always helpful in answering questions so a few cents more is certainly worth it to me. Their support of APUG is appreciated.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin