Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,769   Posts: 1,484,209   Online: 855

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Projecting a double-negative?

An odd idea, probably it's been tried before.

1. Take a regular, negative film image.
    2. Develop
    3. Put negative in slide copier and take another negative image, reversing the colors.
    4. Develop and mount slide.
    5. Project

Has anyone ever tried this? How might it look? I wonder what would happen to the color rendition and how the curves would interact.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    it can be done in b&w... you just need some contrast film like Pan F or Polypan

in color (that's probably what you're asking), don't forget that color negative has color cast/layer, so your transparency would be orange or so...

but: you can use diapositive/slide film, cross-process it in C41 and then make the negative of this in the same way, if you do that, please post the result as I want to do this quit a long time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've thought about this as well... I think it'd be worth trying, even with the orange mask. It might end up being cool... WHO KNOWS!

Seriously, please try it and show the results!
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Check out Lorraine Boogich http://www.boogich.com/Royal_Palm.html

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I've done something similar, but it was to make a print of a negative. Getting enough contrast was a little bit of an issue. I was shooting tmax 400 (rated at 250) for both the original negative and the negative of the negative.

edited for coherence

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is a rather extensive thread on this subject ongoing at the present time. I suggest that the threads be combined.

PE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin