Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,329   Posts: 1,537,162   Online: 818

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Most people do halochrome toning on prints, but you can use it on a traditionally-developed (i.e. not pyro, not chromogenic) b&w neg or positive too. I did it, and I wish I could show you something, but I am certain that it really won't scan well.

Halochrome, if you buy it, is kinda pricey. You wind up using a lot of it just trying to get a few toned prints. For negs it is much less expensive- you can treat film with very small volumes.

Incidentally, I understand that there is a toning book with the halochrome formula in it, which I haven't seen but have read about. I think it is "The Photographer's Toning Book" by Tim Rudman. Google and see. Anyway I am thinking that you could take the halochrome recipe and adapt it to whatever you want. I have had some stray thoughts on this and just haven't had time to follow through.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Keith ,

I am not after metallic glow but some additional tone which will make positives more enjoyable. Bostick platin , I cant afford it this winter time. May be palladium helps a little bit. And honestly I love palladium more. I looked to Bostick and Sullivan , % 15 , 25 cc palladium solution cost 59 dollars.
    %20 , 10 ml platin costs 80 dollars. I think I need %15 10 ml palladium solution . It might cost less than 25 dollars. Do your 1856 formula works with palladium.
    Who sells 10 ml palladium ?

Umut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'd say just check directly with bostick and/or photographer's formulary, they can probably hook you up. This isn't a good time to take up an interest in toning with precious industrial metals, though! Or... maybe I'm wrong... if you think about it, Pt and Pd are very important in the battery industry, so their prices will probably not be going down. The gold price is still doing irrational things despite not having much industrial worth, so I have been waiting for people to notice that Pt is the more sensible long term position and start to transfer investments over to the precious catalyst metals. Anyway, enough about commodities prices
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin