Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,525   Online: 860

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPablo View Post
    Thanks, I was looking at that one.

The one I ended up ordering was Canson Vidalon Tracing Vellum, which is 55 lb grade.
    I used their Optalux. It'll wrinkle no matter what! If you prestrach it like watercolour artists do, be sure to dry it partly before taping it to support. It'll shrink so aggressively that 20x30 cm sheet will break 1,5 mm glass (I tried that), or it'll squeeze from under the tape and - wrinkle. It drives me mad! I still have that stuff, and I'll need to think of something to use it. Maybe use DaveC's idea to mount it to aluminum support. That's at least what I'll do next.

Marko

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Kallitype on Pictorico

I've made kallittypes on Pictorico OHP. It coats quite well.

Shooter
    Large Format
    "I've made kallittypes on Pictorico OHP. It coats quite well."

Anyone know if OHP materials are archival? I don't see that as part of the design mission... but they could be by accident, as it were.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnindc View Post
    I've made kallittypes on Pictorico OHP. It coats quite well.
    Interesting. Wonder if you could coat it with liquid light and use it in camera. I assume you coated the side with the coating for holding ink?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPablo View Post
    The one I ended up ordering was Canson Vidalon Tracing Vellum, which is 55 lb grade.
    Paul,

Please let us know how this works out for you. I haven't run across this paper. I have used Staedtler vellum and Bienfang Graphics 360 Translucent Marker Paper for pt/pd. Both are 100% rag papers but neither package states a weight. The Bienfang is heavier and is the one I use more often. I double coat these papers for a better D-max. I also slip a plastic mesh support under them to transfer from developer to clearing baths. The Bienfang flattens reasonably well in a press but I dry mount the prints I intend to mat

Most of the time I print on Arches Platine but some prints I like better on vellum. It would be nice to find one that is a little stronger and would remain flatter after a trip through the press.

Dan
    Daniel Williams
    Enumclaw WA USA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin