Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,873   Posts: 1,520,133   Online: 895

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Umut;

Paul got this patent about 3 years ago and it would be in the last 3 or 4 he got. Basically it works as follows using Frame number and Eye as 1L 1R etc. Each full picture is separated by a semicolon. The frames are projected through polarized lenses.

1L, 2R; 2L, 3R; 3L, 4R; 4L, 5R; 5L, 6R etc. The slight motions of the camera and actors will supply the viewer with 3D images.

Another method is based on size in which the left and right eye see different size images and a third introduces prisms to cause pseudo color based 3D. These latter are well known and have names. I posted the names here in a previous thread similar to this one. The size based pseudo stereo vision is often seen by those having had cataract surgery in one eye. The new lens and glasses render that eye image at slightly different size. Those with problems such as Exophoria (SP?) and who therefore use prisms often see stereo images based on color with colors stacked in "layers" with for example a red appearing closer than a blue.

PE

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thank you Ron ,

This is similar to softwares extracts 3D from motion film.
    I had been posted a idea several years ago to here as a technology which extracts 3D from motion film.
    It was based on similar idea and comes from softwares.
    May be they stealed my idea , this was not first and will not be the last.
    Some of my patent applications returned from us with comical reasons , they say they could not scan my pdf files because there were not enough spaces between words ! They requested 400 dollars from me to correct it.
    I am sure someone from defense industry would be eat my pie.
    No body sees , no body hears and patent applications being stealed.

Umut

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    The other day I saw an Avatar pinball machine (silly, I know) that had an auto-stereoscopic backglass. It was obviously a digital print, but it had excellent resolution and I'm pretty sure that it had up/down and left/right dimensions. That means it couldn't be a simple lenticular print, and must have been something like a fly's eye array. I tried to look at the screen, but it was very fine and I couldn't see any small detail that would tell me what kind of screen it was.

But I've seen a lot of these lately, at movie theaters, in various advertising things, etc. Digital printing companies out there are doing very impressive work with auto-stereoscopic prints. Doing things digitally certainly makes it a lot easier, but it's not to say that these methods couldn't be done analog.

Still interested in this stuff, how about you Lionel?
    Hi Chris,

Yes I'm still interested in this stuff. I've just been busy lately. I've noticed the 3D posters and flyers here too, along with the new DVD and Blu-Ray 3D covers that seem using lenticular screens too.
    Thanks for the Louis Lumière note, very interesting. I'll try to come up with a decent translation when I get some free time. He explains how to get extreem shallow depth of field with a regular fast lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel1972 View Post
    Hi Chris,

Yes I'm still interested in this stuff. I've just been busy lately. I've noticed the 3D posters and flyers here too, along with the new DVD and Blu-Ray 3D covers that seem using lenticular screens too.
    Thanks for the Louis Lumière note, very interesting. I'll try to come up with a decent translation when I get some free time. He explains how to get extreem shallow depth of field with a regular fast lens.
    Sounds great Lionel! I'm thinking to procure the lenticular screen from some of these aforementioned products; for instance I have a tin of tea that has a lenticular screen... weird! Hopefully it will allow for some kind of testing though.
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/22/te...R_HP_LO_MST_FB

New camera coming out that uses similar concepts to integral imaging. You heard it first here ladies & germs... "light field" imaging will replace the lens as we know it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's digital!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry PE... do you need some pepto bismol?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    MURA is an not new invention and you can make your lens extremelly low f factor , depth of focus changeable , and record on film , only you need a scanner and an software.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some of you might find this interesting. A PowerPoint with some modern considerations for integral images.

http://www.clf.bas.bg/page_06/Integral_Imaging.pdf

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Does anybody need WT 102 MULTI-DIMENSION CAMERA (new in top condition: not opened)?

With that camera, the author made the wonderful 3D image for which Lionel1972 opened this topic:
    If anyone needs, please contact with me:

mobile:
    0086+15244878745
    you can send me a sms or email,

I have got 6 of this kind of camera, can supply photos of them

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin