Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,590   Posts: 1,545,951   Online: 1242

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    PE,

I'm not seeing any colors, just carbon black. Can you provide a link? If it's there, they sure don't want anyone to find it!

Where did you post the dyes? I don't think it was this thread, right?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I posted a list of dyes which may include Tartrazine, Metanil Yellow and Chicago Blue. It may be in this thread or elsewhere. I also commented on the hues of some of the dyes I posted. The dyes that I posted will work with either Dye Bleach or with Dye Transfer. They are not oil soluble, but probably could be used in a home brew Glop.

The Colored Glop, as I stated earlier, is not in their catalog. You may have to call them to place an order. I have seen it there, but have not seen it in the catalog. So, it is either a special order item or they can direct you to a source. Up to the present, there has been very little demand for this product. They have omitted very low demand products from their catalog from time to time to save space.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Another company, but look here for coloured tissue: http://www.bostick-sullivan.com/cart/home.php?cat=171

I guess that is what you are looking for?
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks PE, I'll look into those things.

Jerevan, those are all for monochrome carbon. Unfortunately they're not suitable for tri-color, in which case we'd need the printing primaries.

However, I must say, making "the glop", a.k.a. gelatin with a pigment, is the least of our worries. I'm not concerned at all about making these, it's easy as pie... probably easier!

As for carbon pigments, I went to Hobby Lobby last night to do some looking. I came across these Liquitex acrylic inks (http://www.liquitex.com/Products/inks.cfm) which are quite intriguing. There were three colors that appeared to my eye to be very good matches for cyan, magenta and yellow; at least, by looking at them in the bottle. This PDF has more in depth info, but the 3 that I thought were a good visual match were yellow medium azo, cerulean blue hue and quinacridone magenta. These are all rated as high permanence and 2 of the 3 are transparent, which means just put the opaque (blue) on the bottom.

But anyways, I think these might be good for carbon tissues. I'm going to experiment with them eventually and see what can be done. I've yet to do a carbon print period at this point, so it'll take some time. I picked up a black ink to get started.

Now, as for dyes for imbition.....

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    This process interests me with capability of carrying more ink and more tones with three dimensional gelatin.
    This is similar to rotogravure or tiffdruck process of National Geographic Magazine. If you find 20 or older years of this magazines , you could see what it could be done with kodachrome , 83 tram - newspapers have 46 and ordinary magazines 60 , expensive magazines have 70 -and the different depth of holes.
    They use copper printing plates and they tend to remain uneffected after several hundred thousands of prints.
    This is a easiest original print finding option for your process.
    Offset is using inking mountains and tiffdruck uses inking valleys. So valleys can be more controllable .
    And offset uses water as the additive to the ink but tiffdruck uses alcohol.
    When you are imbition your whisky , think how funny to work at National Geographic printer
    And alcohol dries faster and the dots are sharper.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    Jerevan, those are all for monochrome carbon. Unfortunately they're not suitable for tri-color, in which case we'd need the printing primaries.
    I should have read more carefully. Best of luck and hope we'll see some fine tri-colors in the future!
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    This process interests me with capability of carrying more ink and more tones with three dimensional gelatin.
    The ultimate in gelatin-relief processes is probably the Woodburytye: 500 + kg /cm2 of pressure to impress the gelatin relief into lead, which is then filled with a coloured gelatin. Needless to say, Woodburytype is not a simple "try this at home" process
    - Ian

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thank you Ian , I never had heard such a technology. Do you know how gelatin keeps its shape under pressure ? I think it is doable for small prints , may be 6x6. Water pressure is safer than the gas pressure and it could be created by hand cranck.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The definitive text on this was written by Barrett Oliver: http://www.carlmautz.com/index.php?m...products_id=83

PE

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thank you Ron , I read that some artisans were creating such molds by handcarving porcelain clay by predicting 3D shape from the flat picture. Well , do you know Elisabeth 2 relief on postal stamps ? It sold as huge art success but these people were doing this everyday of their life.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin