Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,902   Posts: 1,521,134   Online: 1047

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Cyanotypes - "Ferric and Heliographic Processes" - Permanency of...

Hey,

I wanted to share this cool book with you all, and thanks to the "interwebs", I can do just that!

I picked up a copy at my local U's library, but it's archived on archive.org in all its glory.

George E. Brown's "Ferric & Heliographic Processes"
    http://www.archive.org/details/ferri...raph00browuoft

The most interesting thing about the book is that it contains actual cyanotypes. Look on page 17, and there are others as well. Interestingly, my copy has different images.

Anyways, this book is over a hundred years old now and I can attest to the fact that the prints look absolutely amazing, no deterioration whatsoever. Granted they've been in the dark, but it really says something about the durability of cyanotypes.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    I have two cyanotypes made prior to 1900 on my wall. They still exhibit beautiful blue tones which they have done for the 30-40 years I have owned them. They seem to be absolutely archival. Think of blueprints. Did you ever see a faded one? same process.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thank you for sharing this, it's now on my to read list

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    my pleasure. It gives about every formula imaginable; for blue tones, brown tones, white line on blue ground, vise versa, etcetera, so forth and so on...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin