Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,954   Posts: 1,522,797   Online: 1001

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Lana Aquarelle paper and cyanotype

The Bostick and Sullivan website claims this to a good cyanotype paper however the detailed description says it is buffered with an alkali reserve? So this begs the question is it really good for cyanotype considering all the literature out there screams for a ph neutral paper.
    No escaping it!
    I must step on fallen leaves
    to take this path

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good question. Email them and report back, because yeah, it seems totally contradictory.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You can always acidify the paper in weak stop bath !

Shooter
    35mm
    I tried the Lana Aquarelle with the B&S type II cyanotype (Ware), and it was a disaster. The coating turned dark blue before my eyes. Even with citric acid added to the solution. Even with an acetic acid pre-treat (though it's possible I needed to treat it longer or stronger.) I was just barely getting started with cyanotype when I got pulled away, but Arches Aquarelle and Stonehenge were promising. There is, of course, also Arches Platine, but the relatively high cost (and no local availability) scared away a noob like me.

Good luck. And be sure to let us know what papers you end up with.

--Greg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've used the Lanaquarelle papers for this series of Cambodian prints with the OLD Cyan process and it turned out fine. Effects are due to water being added while I apply the chemicals. If you apply full strength chemicals they turn out like a standard cyanotype photo - with the old process.

The new Cyanotype process is very sensitive.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin