Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,516   Posts: 1,572,137   Online: 1056

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Medium Format
    CRAP!!

I just got my 24x30 Fuji Dup film from zzmedical which I SPECIFICALLY asked if it was 24 x30 INCHES and noticed two things which immediately irritated the crap out of me:

1. It's 24x30 centimeters.
    2. it came with a note saying they were discontinuing it.

SONOFA....

so there are other sources of duplicating film (including ultrafine, the only supplied of 20x24 INCH dup film) but I'm rather worried that its all rebadged fuji, which would suck.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    That sucks...I guess if the price is too good to be true, then it usually isn't.

BTW...I have no problem with the blue base for carbons, cyanotypes and pt/pd
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    So true, you'd think by now I'd have learned that lesson. No one sells for $1 what everyone else sells for $3.

Oh, well. 24cm by 30cm is certainly large enough for me to melt some jello and hopefull ycome up with a few wall hangers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You could get some normal x-ray film (mammography is not double sided) and reversal process it, or create an interpositive. Have you been looking on eBay?

Damn, dratz about the metric/standard... that's unacceptable. Try http://www.cxsonline.com/
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I saw CSX, zzmedical was a hair cheaper and got good reviews online - and I spoke to them today to suggest they put the units of measure in their descriptions. Also, it turns out FUJI isn't discontinuing all duplicating film, just the 24x30 cm size.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's good it's not discontinued. It seems that X-ray film is a victim of the digital revolution as well, but hopefully implementation will be slow, particularly in smaller offices or other parts of the world.

I hope no one minds that I'm talking about x-ray film and not dupe film, but they're close enough and it's towards the same end basically...

Here's a short thread about x-ray film on photo.net http://photo.net/large-format-photog...0036bl?start=0

Jim Galli had this to say, "Any time I mix up the chems for radiography film at work I always have some fun first enlarging 4X5's onto the 14X17 Type R films. They act more like paper than film. They work about as well developed in Dektol. In fact the other day we had to do some unplanned work with Radiographs and since I had thrown all of the developers away I had to come up with something quick. So I brought some Sodium Hydroxide from home to jazz up the Dektol with and we had our radiographs just fine. It's fun to make great big positives of your pics. They have a blue cast and when viewed on a translucent table with 3200k lamps they look neutral. Tonality just as nice as paper. I never tried as daylight taking film though. They should act just like a paper negative would. ASA about 1.5 - 3..... I added about 1 1/2 tablespoons of NaOH to a gallon of Dektol to raise the PH/ increase developer activity because I knew from my ES&H sheets that Kodak Industrex used NaOH as the main caustic instead of the usual Sodium Carbonate. I never measured PH. The Xray film will develop just as well in normal Dektol though. We tried that too. Takes a bit longer. Let me know how you make out. You can't do it wrong, the stuff is bulletproof."
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin