Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,700   Posts: 1,549,174   Online: 1233

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Questions about Xray Dupe film

Someone here sent me an email about processing the dupe xray film
    by mistake I erased the message from my email inbox
    whoever you are please resend the message so I can respond!!
    thanks, Peter
    website down for maintenance!

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    hi peter

we had an exchange of emails quite a while back re: xray dupe, so it was probably someone else you are referring to?
    How is going with the xray dupe film? I haven't had a chance to do much with it in the last while, be interested to hear what your experiences have been.
    I would love to find it in larger sizes. I have some 10 x 12 but it does come larger. I bought mine on ebay and it was cheap. Have not seen any there recently.
    I'm also thinking of ways of super-charging my enlarger to get more light out of it. This film seems to want lot's of light.

david

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just had some arrive from cxsonline.com http://www.cxsonline.com/text/detail...ku=CXSD1354448

The white sensitive stuff in 14x17. First time getting this stuff for me. I look forward to trying it this weekend.

Shooter
    35mm
    Let us know! Very interested in the possibility of making enlarged negatives directly from 4x5 color negatives.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Does Kodak still make X-Ray film?
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

I've used xray film (green latitude) as a dupe film to enlarge my 4x5 negs to 8x10very successfully. Had to make positive, then contact print to get the negative. I use pyrocat-hd.

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    thanks for letting us know about this cxs stuff. It seems fairly reasonable for xray film (direct from a supplier). I keep looking a ebay for the cheap stuff.
    Let us know how is goes. From my experience it needs lots' of exposure, strong developer and fairly short times. I have only used the fuji brand but I'm guessing this will be fairly similar.

david

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by jp498 View Post
    I just had some arrive from cxsonline.com http://www.cxsonline.com/text/detail...ku=CXSD1354448

The white sensitive stuff in 14x17. First time getting this stuff for me. I look forward to trying it this weekend.
    I've tried the dupe film from Ultrafine, but it has a fairly heavy blue base that makes it hard (for me) to judge the negatives by eye.

I've got a couple of questions for you about this stuff:

1) I've heard that some xray dupe films have a clear base. Is the stuff you got clear base or blue base?

2) What's an approxmiate exposure time (enlargement factor, light source, lens/aperture)?

3) Is it really white light sensitive? i.e. no safelight? If would a red safelight be OK?

Thanks--

Greg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My question would be whether it is a direct positive in ordinary B&W chemicals. I cannot look at the link from my mobile.

I have some blue sensitive stuff with costing on both sides. It is cheap compared to Kodak of Ilford, but the time required to strip the back side emulsion offsets the cost saving unless you don't value your own time. I do kind of like the blue sensitive only part if you want "the old timey" look.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I went for the white sensitive instead of uv sensitive so I could use it with an enlarger rather than a uv contact printing box.

I'll be testing whether it's safelight safe, whether it comes out positive in normal chemicals, what sort of exposure is needed, what sort of developing works nice for contrast options, etc... If it comes out positive, it might be a nice analog alternative to pictorico/epson. if it comes out negative, it might be another option for ULF/pinhole capture or two-step negative enlargement.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin