Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,711   Posts: 1,548,657   Online: 1140

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format

TRANSPORTING A NU-ARC 26-1KS

I have to pick up a Nu-Arc 26-1ks I won on e-bay. I have a Chevy HHR which is aq sorta small SUV. Maximum height to the ceiling/roof is 32". I have read the height of these units are 32' and 33". Can I easily separate the upper part from the lower part?

Thanks
    John Vermont

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    hi john

I picked mine up in my brother-in-laws jeep. It fit fine in the back. You definately want to take the top off, it's only 4 bolts. If you need a manual, I can email you a copy.

david

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Watch the glass on the underside of the top unit, it is special with a dot pattern and you don't want to break it.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Dialist....I just measured my NuArc 26 1K and it is exactly 31.25 inches from the table it sits on to the top of the unit and it is 29.5 inches wide.................TW

Shooter
    Large Format
    If the glass Curt is referring to ... the safety glass ... is seated the same way on the 26-1K as the NuArc 22NL (the 1K's little brother) ... it will fall out if you tilt the unit. Somebody with a 1K can confirm that.

The glass is tempered and will break into a million pieces if it falls out. New glass costs over $100. The dot pattern on the glass is to even out hot-spots across the easel ... so it's a good idea to make sure the original is safe before moving the unit.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Can you borrow a van or a larger suv? I brought mine home in a 2003 Toyota Highlander.

John Powers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We bought, and brought ours home from a print shop that no longer used it. It fit nicely in the back of our Subaru Outback wagon. It was quite manageable with two people moving it. Good luck.
    John Voss

My Blog

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As David said, it is only 4 bolts on the back to separate the top from the bottom. It is highly recomendable to separate the two and then it is easy for one person to transport the unit. Just make sure to protect the glass.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    davido,

I greatly appreciate your kind offer. Yes please e-mail me at jfmulholland45@yahoo.com
    I live in Vermont. The unit is in North Carolina. I have a 28 hr round trip drive on my hands. It is a newer unit in excellent condition, mounted on a base made for it. I got it for $152!!!!!!!!!!

I hope to etch in brass. I can't wait to simply read the manual and give me some idea what I am doing.

Thanks again,
    John, Vermont
    802-467-3588

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is probably incredibly obvious, but be sure to remove the lamp and pack it securely!

Ash
    Echoes Of Light

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin