Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,332   Online: 716

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mike c
    Is this the limb affect.
    I'm not sure one would call this explicit instance the limb effect, but it is an exploitation of the same principals at work. Light on a curved surface creating a gradient of shadow for of contrast.

The guy obviously understood his materials better than I understand mine. I don't have any work hanging in museums.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I learned from Large Format Photography forum that Weston film was Super XX and no more available at bigger formats.
    BUT I learned that Kodak STILL PRODUCES XX film for cinematography and available at the name of 5222 and easily seeable at
    http://motion.kodak.com/US/en/motion...Films/5222.htm
    xxxxxxxx lenght
    35mm 400 Core 1737279
    35mm 1000 Core 1982511

I really dont know it is 400 foots or 400 meters.
    I am very interested in using this film and they say it has a very flat sensitometry.

I learned that some movie film sellers sell the unused , remaining part of a film after movie shot.
    Do you know such a seller ?

Thank you ,

Mustafa Umut Sarac
    Istanbul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They are called short ends. Or just shorts sometimes.

I have seen people talk about them, but don't know who sells then.

I am sure the unit is 400 feet, not 400 meters. Same for the 1000. If it is meters that a whole kilometer on one roll.
    Michael Batchelor

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    http://www.tapesuperstore.com/koblandwhned.html

There are lots of talks about use with Leica at Rangefinder Forum, They say many masters uses it still. I saw some examples and there is such metallic glow. Its great. And there are many developer recipes such as D96.

400 Feet goes 152 dollars here.

Umut

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Mustafa

No magic bullet here, just a good film, with good lighting , and development.

Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    http://www.tapesuperstore.com/koblandwhned.html

There are lots of talks about use with Leica at Rangefinder Forum, They say many masters uses it still. I saw some examples and there is such metallic glow. Its great. And there are many developer recipes such as D96.

400 Feet goes 152 dollars here.

Umut

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Bob ,

You might read about the qualities of this film. I saw the examples and I believe it.
    Lots of talks searchable at google on super xx and its a magic bullet.
    I believe the qualities of some chemistry , film and camera lenses. I used many things , printed 100 000 color negatives , scanned thousands of slides with professional drum scanners and printing proof them and worked as Heidelberg Newspaper Printing Machines service man , I really believe in quality.
    In Turkish , they say you cant make lunch with cheap meat.

Umut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So 152/400 is slightly less than $40 per standard bulk roll. With shipping etc. It is probably $45 per bulk roll.

That seems like a reasonable price. But 400 feet is a lot of film.
    Michael Batchelor

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Mustafa
    I too have printed well into the hundreds of thousands of prints, I also believe in quality. If SuperXX was such a magical product ,Kodak would have kept it going and every single worker here would have a frezzer full of it.
    I have used it in the past , Its a great film but IMO lots of other great films.
    sorry I cannot agree with you here , there is no such thing as the magic bullet in this thing we call Photography.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    Bob ,

You might read about the qualities of this film. I saw the examples and I believe it.
    Lots of talks searchable at google on super xx and its a magic bullet.
    I believe the qualities of some chemistry , film and camera lenses. I used many things , printed 100 000 color negatives , scanned thousands of slides with professional drum scanners and printing proof them and worked as Heidelberg Newspaper Printing Machines service man , I really believe in quality.
    In Turkish , they say you cant make lunch with cheap meat.

Umut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Motion picture Double x is not the same film as the old Super Double X, although it is a pretty decent camera film. I've shot a few hundred feet of it over the years, reminds me of Tri-X from the 70's. Super xx sheet film is gone, but other quality sheet films still exist. I like to live in the present, it's all we got.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    I have an original print of "Charis on the Dunes". It definitely is NOT SOLARIZED.
    With the sun coming directly over the camera lens a round object such as an egg or, as in this case, a human body, the dark lines around the subject are formed as the light attempts to bend around the curve.
    Take an egg, light it directly from the front and photograph it with the lens as close to the light source as physically possible to see the effect.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin