Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,898   Posts: 1,521,065   Online: 983

Thread: Sensitometer

Shooter
    35mm RF

Sensitometer

Somebody can help me. I am beginner in densitometry. I would like to know how people process to make tests strip with step wedge. What kind of set-up do you use. I try with enlarger and step wedge. I get high density reading. The lowest is 0.79 to 3.32

Any suggestion would be appreciate to build a sensitometer for more tests on films.

Thank You for your help.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I use my enlarger for exposures of the step wedge on both paper (initially) and then film as well.

Your density readings indicate a couple of things. The first is that the film is overexposed and the second is that the film is overdeveloped.

Typically one would want a density range (high value density minus low value density--not film base plus fog) of 1.05 to 1.20 for enlarging (dependent on enlarger light source). Your density range of 2.53, while suspect, is certainly beyond that range.

What I would suggest is to decrease exposure by a couple of stops and decrease your development time by an equal amount. Retest based upon that adjustment and then see what your density range is.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin