Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,654   Posts: 1,481,324   Online: 1084

Shooter
    Medium Format

Printing gum on top of acrylic paint

Has anyone ever tried to print gum bichromate on top of acrylic paint? I'm trying a new project and so far it will not stick to the surface of the paint. I then tried a coat of gloss polyurethane spray on top of the paint, then the gum layer. It just kind of beads up and won't spread out onto the surface. I thought I'd then try a coat of PVA size on top of the poly/paint surface. It just beads up like the gum mixture. I got the idea of gloss polyurethane from Christopher James' excellent alt process book. Doesn't work for me (at least not the way I'm doing it). Any ideas for printing gum on this unusual alternative surface?
    Thanks,
    Steve
    www.scdowellphoto.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    How about a thin coating of matt lacquer. Failing that, perhaps a layer of gelatin size would provide a suitable surface.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin