Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,220   Posts: 1,532,312   Online: 922

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Kodachrome going into the Caffenol soup.

I received a few rolls of expired Kodachrome color reversal type A film from a fellow APUGer and I just got the wild idea to soup it in Caffenol-c and see what I can get out of it.
    At the moment I am adjusting the temp of all my chemicals and stabilizing the temp of the film. From what I have read, most people are developing at about 23-25 C so that is what I am doing. I am also trying to figure the best times to develop, stop and fix. That reminds me, I forgot the stop bath better get it in there now.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Guit,

I'll be waiting to see the results.

I have a roll of K-25 from 1982, that's looking for some photographic action !!!

Enjoy The Day !

Ron

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Aha, Eureka, success, success, success. Images, imagine that, images on film. This is fantastic, I must tell the world of my discovery.

I used the Massive Dev Chart on my iPhone for Kodalith ISO 32 D-76 stock with a 20min soak in water before I started the developing and after the rinse I had to clean off the Remjet but I still have images. Now all I have to do is take it and have it scanned so that I can upload the images.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by guitstik View Post
    Aha, Eureka, success, success, success. Images, imagine that, images on film. This is fantastic, I must tell the world of my discovery.
    OK ... Calm Down !

Did you take those words out of WBLynchs' mouth ?

I seem to recall :

" I'm still excited simply to get visible images !!
    I'm amazed every time I pull a strip of film from the tank. "
    WBLynch, APUG Subscriber

Spread The Word, And Share Your Enthusiasm !!!

Ron

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes Ron, you are correct. I must curb my enthusiasm and relax, perhaps another Heineken is in order. I had not really expected to get anything out of this in fact after I fixed it I checked for images and all I could see was black splotches but I remembered that the rem-jet had to be removed so I continued the rinse and then cleaned it up and saw the images. I don't think that I have heard to much about developing 15 year old Kodachrome in caffenol-c and to actually do it is cool.

Joel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have no idea what happened (well, actually probably going to Walgreen's wasn't the best idea) but the images I got back on the CD are almost non existent. I can see clear distinct images on the negative but they didn't come out on the disk.

Gahhhh, trying to figure out how to attach pictures to the thread.

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Did you tell the people at Walgreens that you need your film scanned as Black and white film? Remember slide film is clear, color film is orange.
    "Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

Me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I posted a few of the scans in the gallery and they are representative of the disparity in the entire negative. Any ideas that can explain why this happened?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bblhed View Post
    Did you tell the people at Walgreens that you need your film scanned as Black and white film? Remember slide film is clear, color film is orange.
    I did tell him that it was Kodachrome color reversal and what I saw on the monitor did not give a hint to what I got back. Almost all of the pics on the CD are non existent. The film is orange and not clear.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by guitstik View Post
    I received a few rolls of expired Kodachrome color reversal type A film from a fellow APUGer and I just got the wild idea to soup it in Caffenol-c and see what I can get out of it.
    At the moment I am adjusting the temp of all my chemicals and stabilizing the temp of the film. From what I have read, most people are developing at about 23-25 C so that is what I am doing. I am also trying to figure the best times to develop, stop and fix. That reminds me, I forgot the stop bath better get it in there now.
    I have done this with success. The rem jet black needed to be removed manually.

But I scan my own films, I think your troubles centeres around (usual) too low concentration in the US recipes, you need to nearly double everything (visit Reinhold's blog!) and letting somebody else touch your negatives.

Buy a used cheap Canon Canoscan 8800F scanner and never look back!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin